Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

04 GTO Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 GTO Mods

What's up guys so I have a Full bolt on 04 Auto GTO. I still need to Dyno tune it but I need some help picking out the right Cam for it and other mods I can do to make it faster! My GTO has 61,000 miles and is Automatic! So all the feedback I can get is helpful so help me out lol!
Old 02-04-2015, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Help us help you. Is this a daily driver or a weekend toy? Are you looking for a street car or are you just concerned with what it does in the 1/4?

Define "full bolt-on" and do you have any work to the transmission done (rebuild/different converter)?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=MuhThugga;18650439]Help us help you. Is this a daily driver or a weekend toy? Are you looking for a street car or are you just concerned with what it does in the 1/4?

Define "full bolt-on" and do you have any work to the transmission done (rebuild/different converter)

Street car mostly and no work on the transmission. I have K&N intake, longtobes, ported heads, ls2 cam, exhaust, diablo programmer, bbk intake manifold, and it's my daily driver at this moment but will be my weekend car next month.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

For future reference, it's not very helpful to describe a car as full bolt-ons because it's such a widely generic term its frickin' ridiculous.

Selecting a cam for a street car really depends how you prefer the car's street manners to be. I suggest making some phone calls and/or emails to a few cam vendors to get a range of explanations and choices to help get a better understanding to make a decision. There's a lot to know about cams.

Quick Reply: 04 GTO Mods