Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

The Last Frontier

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Last Frontier

Hey!

so I have been a LONG time LS1Tech creeper and just now got to the point where I felt qualified to create an account.

Been a fan of the LS motors for a long time. Best friend had a 01 Z28 that he would hoon in while we were in high school and room mates in college. It started out with just a bunch of bolt ons, then NO2, then a single turbo car. He pulled the LS1 in favor a fully built 402 w/ an 88mm and sold it! Still the fastest/most powerful car I've driven today.

After the feel of the big V8 with boost I had to have my own.

Im in the Military and have been stationed overseas for a long time now. I picked up a 90 Foxbody Mustang LX with a 5.0L in it when I PCSd to Anchorage, Alaska, but I already had other plans for it. So now I have taken steps, after EXTENSIVE research (LS1Tech creeping), to build my own 5.3L turbo Fox. Not looking to set the world on fire or anything, just to have some fun, learn some more wrenching skills and **** of my mustang club friends with my faster Chevy motor!

look forward to coming out of the shadows and being a part of the community.

Cheers
Old 02-12-2015, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ArcticFox
Hey!

so I have been a LONG time LS1Tech creeper and just now got to the point where I felt qualified to create an account.

Been a fan of the LS motors for a long time. Best friend had a 01 Z28 that he would hoon in while we were in high school and room mates in college. It started out with just a bunch of bolt ons, then NO2, then a single turbo car. He pulled the LS1 in favor a fully built 402 w/ an 88mm and sold it! Still the fastest/most powerful car I've driven today.

After the feel of the big V8 with boost I had to have my own.

Im in the Military and have been stationed overseas for a long time now. I picked up a 90 Foxbody Mustang LX with a 5.0L in it when I PCSd to Anchorage, Alaska, but I already had other plans for it. So now I have taken steps, after EXTENSIVE research (LS1Tech creeping), to build my own 5.3L turbo Fox. Not looking to set the world on fire or anything, just to have some fun, learn some more wrenching skills and **** of my mustang club friends with my faster Chevy motor!

look forward to coming out of the shadows and being a part of the community.

Cheers
Good luck with the build. Have any pics you can post of the car? Thank you for your service in the military!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Solid plan. Can be done on a moderate budget easily enough. The 5.3 is a great starting point. Any goals/plans for boost/tunning?

Quick Reply: The Last Frontier