Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

77 c10 lm7 swap.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 77 c10 lm7 swap.

Hello every one im new to this site. I'm also new to the LS world. But I am in the process of putting a 2000 lm7 in a 77 c10. The donor truck was a 2000 Silverado. I took the motor tranny and wiring harness and computer out of it ran when pulled. I'm hoping to get 450- 500 hp out of this and I also still need to install everything in the 77 c10. I just need any advice that I can get with fuel system and wiring harness. My main objective right now is to get everything in the 77 mocked up and get everything installed and running. Then take it out and build it. I would really like to turbo it but could settle for a n/a build right now. I'm also going to run with the 4l60e tranny for now until I figure out how to bypass computer for a 400 turbo. Like I said any advice would be greatly appreciated THANKS.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 536 Likes on 383 Posts

Plenty of help on here.... look in the conversions department. Search threw there you see a couple threads going right now....... One called project white trash and another one is by a member called death trap...... plus plenty more help here on the site.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am getting ready to do mine as well. 2000 donor truck as well. I have my wiring ready to go other than what gets connected to truck side. Pcm sent off to LT1Swap.com for programming. Bracket made to hold pcm & cavalier fuse panel underhood. Engine out & sold from my truck. Pull out tranny & yet to install both motor/tranny. Have new mounts, shorty headers ready.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 536 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by 76larkman
I am getting ready to do mine as well. 2000 donor truck as well. I have my wiring ready to go other than what gets connected to truck side. Pcm sent off to LT1Swap.com for programming. Bracket made to hold pcm & cavalier fuse panel underhood. Engine out & sold from my truck. Pull out tranny & yet to install both motor/tranny. Have new mounts, shorty headers ready.
And there is this this guy!! Another good guy to help you along the way. I like when us LS guys stick together :-)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Did you do your own wiring harness?
Old 03-19-2015, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes using a print off from LT1Swap.com. its intimidating for first time but not a big deal as you think. Do 1 connector from pcm out then do other. pcm connections have numbers on each wire hole. Using a a pick you can get each wire out. you take connector locks off to get access to terminal. the harness has several grounds that are big connections.the connections removing normally have 1 wire thats a ground. snip it at connection is all you need to do. you will basically need to take the wrapping/tape off but only work a short section & keep taping every so often so harness dont fall apart.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you"ll end up with about a 3/4 full walmart sack of wiring removed. befriend me if you wish I add you to my list. Im going to get on my project after I finish my tidying up on buick skylark. It runs but have fans to wire/mount pcm. Im gone on a road trip later today til monday/tuesday sometime. picking up a 81 camaro 26 hours away in tuscon arizona. check in next week.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:55 AM
Teching In

Default Wiring harness

you"ll end up with about a 3/4 full walmart sack of wiring removed. befriend me if you wish I add you to my list. Im going to get on my project after I finish my tidying up on buick skylark. It runs but have fans to wire/mount pcm. Im gone on a road trip later today til monday/tuesday sometime. picking up a 81 camaro 26 hours away in tuscon arizona. check in next week.
Ok sounds good I will have to look into it. I will probably get started on that in a month or so. Got some other stuff to take care of until then. I also added you as a friend and appreciate the input. Now when you send pcm off what do you tell them you want done?
Old 03-22-2015, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Brendan at LT1Swap.com has a list what he wants to know. Print it off and just go down the list and send it to him. E-mail him first to find out if he can do what you want. Not sure bout non stock stuff. Mine is stock other than a good steet tune he gave it. You can also do your harness printing off his list as well. I did mine on floor watching tv. Several nights off/on when mood struck.

Quick Reply: 77 c10 lm7 swap.