Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Cenla

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Cenla

Hi folks! I've been having LS issues recently with my 2007 Silverado, and hoping to get some pointers from the LS hive. It's a gen iv 5.3 with AFM. Last summer I noticed a small amount of metal in the plug during oil changes. That has progressed to a tick on the left side of the motor. I stopped driving it in February when it started doing this. I went and found a replacement - LQ9. Only thing is, in my haste, and ignorance, I've purchased a gen iii motor to replace a gen iv. No Bueno. Since learning this I've searched for potential remedies: reluctor wheel replacement, and all related parts to bring the lq9 up to gen iv (minus the afm). And also, I'm inspecting my 5.3 that was yanked the other day to see what the damage is. So far a lifter on cylinder 2 was jacked (confirming what I thought was going on when I heard the tick tick tick back in February). I'll pull the cam tomorrow after church to see how many lobes have been desecrated. Is there anything else to look for?

Money wise.... What would be better? Bring gen iii motor to gen iv status or fix my 5.3 if it even is fixable? Or, sell the lq9 and start over? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Hello from Cenla