Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greeting from Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greeting from Tampa

Greetings from Tampa, soon to be Athens, Ohio. I made this account awhile ago but never used it because when I first started my LS swap, something happened and I was unable to go through with it. Now about a year later, I will be on here quite a bit and hopefully interacting with this awesome community.

A little background on my car (1984 Camaro Z28): I bought this car as a project for $1000. It's my first car pretty much, so I guess it's kind of sentimental, lol. The ad for it said that it ran and drove with a strong 305. It did, and everything was good, but I guess the guy I bought it from previously was parting it out, so it needed a bit of work.

My original intention with it was to do a turbo LS build and have a cool street machine, but also have it fully certified for NHRA stuff.

One day I decided to pull the carpet up and I found that it had pretty bad floorpan rust - every inch of floorpan was rusty and had holes through it. Being my first project car, I didn't want to scrap it and buy a roller because by doing that I wouldn't learn lots of new skills and that was another purpose of doing this project. I didn't want to just bolt stuff up and say that I built the car. Over the summer I took on the task of replacing the full floorpan which consisted of cutting out the old floor as cleanly as possible and then fitting in the new pans I bought. Here's a full thread on it over on thirdgen: http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/body/...st-repair.html

So now that I pretty much have that done, I will start on everything else in preparation to make the drive up to Ohio in this car. I will be going in three months and need to have it fully driveable by then. Lots to do and you guys on here will be a huge help I imagine

Old engine setup. Pulled it out becuase my 4.8 will be going in.

How the 4.8 looked when I first got it from a friend. Needed to hone and crosshatch the cylinders since it was wearing down a bit.

I ported the heads myself and made the ports pretty big. Also bought a ported Ls1 intake with ported throttle body and 60Lb injectors. Will be putting a 76MM turbo on this once I get to Ohio. I am getting the Holley HP EFI system so that I can tune easily during the roadtrip.

When I got finished cross hatching and honing the cylinders.

That's about it so far. Just waiting on parts at the moment. I may paint the car at my shop if I can wing that and get it done in a couple of days

Quick Reply: Greeting from Tampa