Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi new member

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi new member

Hi I am new and just wanted to say hi to you all
I live in London , UK . I drive a Subaru wrx .
Am I right in thinking this is a USA web site or have I got that wrong.
Anyway hope to get to no you all in time . When reading some of the stuff on hear I see a lot of car that are from the U.S. .
I mY be wrong .
I don't mind car from the USA as u lot have car that run V8 & v12 . In the UK we don't have a lot of v8 or v12 as the petrol hear is a lot more lol .
So like I said I drive a Subaru wrx just under 300 bhp . So she is fast. And being AWD she Gos round roundabouts like its on tracks . I no in the U.S. U have car running well over 300 bhp . But then when u don't have to go round roundabouts you can get them up to a nice top end .
But one thing I never understand is how comes u can only get 500 bhp out of a v8 when we get that out of a 2.0L
Lol that was a joke . Like I say I do love your big engine cars . Just a sham they don't go round bends . Lol . & I love your rat looking car . And hot rods.
So that's me hi to u all .
Hope that you new I was joking on some of the things i said .
It its a bit of a joke in the UK about USA car not going round a corner lol .

Last edited by Jayjay555; 04-28-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Welcome. Most here are in the US, yes. As for turning, we also have the WRX, but with up to about 325hp. We also have the EVO and the new Golf R(or soon will) and will have the Focus RS. We already have the ST and those are all just moderately capable 4cyl cars.

None of the above would compete well against a standard new Corvette, even in turning. For that matter, the Mustang or Camaro would easily outrun all of those in nearly any situation. Plus, we have almost all the really good models available in the UK, Japan, Germany, etc.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Welcome. Most here are in the US, yes. As for turning, we also have the WRX, but with up to about 325hp. We also have the EVO and the new Golf R(or soon will) and will have the Focus RS. We already have the ST and those are all just moderately capable 4cyl cars.

None of the above would compete well against a standard new Corvette, even in turning. For that matter, the Mustang or Camaro would easily outrun all of those in nearly any situation. Plus, we have almost all the really good models available in the UK, Japan, Germany, etc.
Lol even on my welcome page I was joking about the USA car . I love the cars u have over there . But I must say I am a jap fan.
But give me a mustang any day with two kits of nos of corse .
And only joking about your car not going round roundabouts .
We have to many roundabouts in the UK . Go fun tho back in the day with the rs500 lol.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:24 PM
TECH Addict

I think the Mustang is cool and have owned several, but for me... Corvette is the choice for performance. I do like the Nissan GT-R and so forth, of course, but the Corvette is the king of sports cars based on what ya get for the money in terms of performance value. The thing that gets me is, we can't choose from all vehicles, even in America! Instead, we've got to deal w/ a large portion of contenders and we've missed out on some really cool cars.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I think the Mustang is cool and have owned several, but for me... Corvette is the choice for performance. I do like the Nissan GT-R and so forth, of course, but the Corvette is the king of sports cars based on what ya get for the money in terms of performance value. The thing that gets me is, we can't choose from all vehicles, even in America! Instead, we've got to deal w/ a large portion of contenders and we've missed out on some really cool cars.
We think a like .
My dream car a skyline GT R .
With nos of course .
Can I ask u when fitting nitrous to my wrx , I no wear the nos blue line gos from the bottal then to the main piston thing . And the fuel go two the red piston . Do u have a pic u can send me that shows how it connects . Just so I no how meny lines go into what and so on .
I am just not to sure on wear the lines and what lines go to wear & come off from the two main things that mixs the nos & petrol . It looks like ther is two holes one on top & one at the bottom . I no the line come off them blue & red to the frogger to spray it . & I no about the bottal and the blue line from the bottal Gos to one of the main Pistons . That's wear I then get confused on how meany lines shod go wear & how meany lines shod come off them . Sorry to be a pain . I will be getting the kit in a few weeks & I just need to make sure I no what is what .
P.s some say as my car is turbo nos is not a good thing to have . But I no a dry kit is wrong but a wet kit the ecu don't need to be played with and shod or could give me 75/to 150 bhp more . And to get that much power the nitrous kit is the cheapest way.
Any help u can send me about fitting , pics of the lines & so on would really help me .
But like I say is a nos kit ok with a turbo .
I love watching (street out laws )
But could not understand why when one of the changes to a twin turbo , from nitrous he never put the nos kit back on .
Also sorry I no u can have to froggers spraying one by the intake but wear would the other one be put .
Sorry to ask so much . But I just need help before I get this kit as it's not cheep . & I don't want to get it wrong .
I don't want to use the nos all the time and I don't track race. It's just to use hear and there lol.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not with you on the whole nitrous "piston thing" and so forth... nitrous systems vary greatly, from straight dry kits to wet kits to fogger systems. Some need no supporting changes and others need complete engine rebuilds. I've not seen a system you though, which directly involved any piston, so ya got me! There are blue tips(typically nitrous) and red(typically fuel) and then wiring(basic to complex) which typically uses(2-4) solenoids, a fuze or two and a switch. Some are wired through window switches. All that said, there's really no way to go over all that here. Try our https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide-10/ or other power adder forums. Even though they're not about your car, they are about the systems in general. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Hi new member