Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Brand new from Ontario, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new from Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone! My name is Robert and I am from Ontario, Canada. My main reason for being here is because I am planning to do an LS1 or LT1 swap into my 2013 Scion FRS 6 speed manual. I race time attack and plan on getting into wheel to wheel racing next year.

I am currently running it's factory FA20 (2.0L 4 cylinder), which is quite a high compression motor at 12.5:1. I have turbocharged it and setup a water/methanol injection kit but it still doesn't give me what I want. I have decided on going the LS route, so on around May 30th I am parting out my turbo setup, motor, methanol setup, fuel pump and titanium exhaust and hopefully picking up a stock LS1 engine fully dressed with a harness and ecu and a transmission to suit. Until then I have a lot of reading to do on different LS1's from different vehicles and trims, although I am under the impression any "LS1" that is not from a Vette is an LT1 and uses an iron block instead of aluminum. The swap is definitely not what scares me, but getting the proper LS1 or LT1 engine is.

Thanks for reading!
Robert.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Robert! Nice to meet you. I'll look forward to seeing how you go about this swap. Just some LS1 Info to get you started. The LT1 finished in around 1997 i believe, and they were replaced with LS1's afterwards. LS1's from 1998+ are all aluminum block whether they are in Vette's, Camaros, firebirds and whatnot. In fact, an F-body (which is just a general term for firebirds/transam/Camaro) has better fitment with regards to accessories and Oil pan than the corvette. As well, corvette transmissions will not work for engine swaps. Your best bet is a full engine/transmission from a 1998-2002 f-body. My LS swap is an Iron-block because it isn't really an LS. It is an LM7 5.3 out of a Truck. LS is just a generic term for a 98+ chevy small block. An LS1 is it's own engine altogether. Anyways, there's a start to your research into LS engines, I look forward to seeing your build!

Quick Reply: Brand new from Ontario, Canada