Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another Noob

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Noob

Hello,
Years ago I was looking for a quick Chevy and ended up buying a Grand National. The car the Monte Carlo SS should have been but with a v-8. I really had a lot of fun with the GN but wanted to get back into a v-8. I like classic Chevy's and currently have an '86 Silverado that I want to a LS in place of the current slug power plant. My goal is to keep it stock appearing except for the drive train. I'm here to learn and hopefully contribute some knowledge I've learned over the years. Thank you everyone for being willing to share lessons learned with others.

Tommy
Attached Thumbnails Another Noob-img_2347.jpg   Another Noob-img_2396.jpg   Another Noob-img_2303.jpg  

Last edited by texasboost; 06-13-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

these r realative easy to do. im working on one now. 06 5.3/4L60E stock using 00 silverado fuel system, throttle body, wiring pcm. i already had pcm done removal of emissions so im using it. i have the dbw throttle body harness everything. you can go either way cable or dbw throttle. mount plates on ebay for $65 is what im using. headers are universal swap shorty that clears real good. i mounted stock air cleaner 06 silverado to original battery tray pass corner put another battery tray in driver corner. leaving pcm on left fenderwell. stock old radiator original truck works fine. im using holley ac bracket for ac pump high pass head. i get build started here this week.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:15 PM
Teching In

It looks like you've done this before, know what your doing and have done your research. Will you do a thread for your new build? I'm looking forward to the swap but I have a lot of learning to do. I want to use the DBW because I want to keep the cruise and it would be a cleaner install. Only down side I hear about is the delay from foot to acceleration.

Quick Reply: Another Noob