Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Long-time lurker, finally registered

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long-time lurker, finally registered

Hey, guys and gals, new guy here. I've been using the forum as a resource for basic LS questions that I've had in the past, and it has been helpful, to say the least. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, but sometimes it takes a while to wade through some of the BS to get to it. Speaking of knowledge, I'm looking for more of it... actually, I'm looking for recommendations. I have a 2000 SS with a T-56, and plan to use it as a donor, as it's pretty ratty, but it's complete and has some goodies. My question is whether it would be easier/better to use the factory ECU and have my harness made to be a standalone, or if it would be easier/better to use an aftermarket system like the MSD Atomic EFI or the Holley stuff, or a FAST setup. Money isn't a huge factor, and I have no real brand loyalty, so I'm pretty much open. Just looking for the most user-friendly setup. I don't plan to race it, but I hope to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-500RWHP. I plan to keep all my accessories. It may see some track time, but it won't be for anything more than recreation. My plan is for a set of Tony Mamo's heads and a FAST truck intake ported by Tony Mamo, along with a cam recommended by him. I sent an email to Patrick G, regarding his preferred method of engine management, as he was recommended by Tony Mamo, but I assume he's very busy, which would explain not getting a reply. I also assume he gets a lot of questions like mine. Probably on a frequent basis. Anyway, if anyone has any insight or advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance
Old 07-12-2015, 03:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No input from anyone, eh?

Quick Reply: Long-time lurker, finally registered