Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2000 trans am ws6???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 trans am ws6???

Im am thinking about buying a 2000 trans am WS6 that has 79000 original miles. It has set in a drive way with no cover on it for the past 6+ years. The paint is bad and the dash is cracked. One owner car, its needs some tlc. What is a good reasonable offer for this car you think?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

While I can't give you a price, I would expect worse than what you can see. Sitting that long plus the age will almost certainly guarantee there will be unseen things you'll have to address. So I wouldn't offer NADA or KBB value because of that.

I was searching the forums and thought I saw someone that tracks selling prices for cars sold here. Maybe they'll this post and chime in with their opinion based on the sale price of those cars.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked the guy down to $4000, it could be a nice car. New paint, dash, tires, shocks and bmr coil springs etc. It has potential for sure but money fixing things adds up quickly. I just want some opinions and thoughts from different people who know theses cars well. Thanks for the advice!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:33 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$4000 for a LS1 WS6 with well under 100K miles is a bargain and a half. I see "R" Title and 100+K mile cars sell for well over that everyday.

My honest opinion is that sitting is by far no worse than some kid beating on it. Most of the problems you described could/would be found on most normally driven cars of that age and mileage.

The reality is you buying it at almost "partout" value. Although LS1/T56 sales have dropped lately I still think you could easily pull $3000 out of it then you have they rest of the entire car to make up $1000. So there in of itself is how I value it in that if it came to the point that you had to unload it you could make every cent of investment back parting it out.

As a point of note if you don't buy it a person like myself would greatly appreciate it if you directed me to the seller as I would be on that in a heartbeat.

Also to note if you want a "good" pricing assessment go to the Sales --->Vechicle Classifieds---->What's It Worth section of this forum.

I am surprised it hasn't already to moved there by an Admin but anyways Firebrian and N1COTIA provide some very great insight on market value.

Quick Reply: 2000 trans am ws6???