Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

old mechanic new LY6 HELP NEEDED

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old mechanic new LY6 HELP NEEDED

Hello I finally managed to retire this year and after a lot of catching up I have started back to work on my LY6 project. I have a 64 Impala that I dropped the LY6 in and would really like to hear it sputter. I have attempted to cheat the Vatts with a relay but mine only shows about 70 ohms is that enough? Next I have no O2S or Maf hooked to it. I did wire an accelerator in but it doesen't seem to be working. I used th gm harness and plucked wires from the connectors. I want to hook up a DLC but aern't exactly sure how many wires it needs. I have extended the wires into the car with twisted sensor wires and am hooked to the black and brown and tan wire. I have no slow speed circutry so I assume I just need the two grounds and 12volts. I read about a resistor in the line must I have it to hook a Solis to it? If so in the + or - side and who has them. If I knew where to get one I would have used a 100 ohm on the VATTS. I once cheated the vats on a mid 90-S pontiac by wiring a broken crank position sensor in and it worked fine until it got winter and the resistance changed enough that it wouldn't work. Anyway I have no ignition and can't see why all my wires check out
, constant 12 volts on ths coils but no spark. If all Vatts does is kill the injectors then I am missing something else. I am using the cars starter wire and hooked the Y/B wire up to groung through a coil constant. Is it time to check for CPS pulse or will this thing not fire without all the sensors hooked up. I will probably buy a tuner but man just a little sputter to inspire me would be so nice. I have a 6L80E hooked to it that will also need tuned and I am hopeing that it and the ecm can live without BCM signals. I have two ignition wires on the ecm and one on the 6L80 hooked up also have 12volts constant hooked up. I hqd no fire before or after hooking the gas pedal uo.

Quick Reply: old mechanic new LY6 HELP NEEDED