Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to Ls1 motors completely

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Ls1 motors completely

Hey all, my name is Brant, and I come from South Bend, IN. Like the title says, I am completely new to Ls motors all together. Mostly because I hung on to the old dinosaur engines but I finnally made the move. You will probably see a post from me soon in the tech section, as I am looking to put an LS3 motor in my 79 Trans am to make it a street/track car (I would say strip but I don't drag race), and have just about no idea what I need or what to do. So hopefully I can find some great help since I have been lurking here for several months. Thanks everyone
Old 09-21-2015, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, the gen 3 and 4 LS engines offer amazing potential in a small light package.
That F body will handle even better with that all aluminum LS3 based build in it.
500+ HP couple it with an overdrive and get some decent fuel economy. Sounds like fun.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LivernoisMotorsports
Hello, the gen 3 and 4 LS engines offer amazing potential in a small light package.
That F body will handle even better with that all aluminum LS3 based build in it.
500+ HP couple it with an overdrive and get some decent fuel economy. Sounds like fun.
You read my mind haha. Long story short, my issue is I have already rebuilt the rear end (3.08 gears now, over the 2.41) and I have rebuilt the TH350 trans. I don't want to get rid of the trans because I have put the money in it, but I probably won't have a choice.

Quick Reply: New to Ls1 motors completely