Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Orlando, FL

Old 11-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Orlando, FL

Hi everyone!

I am new to LS1tech and am looking forward to learning more about these powerhouse engines. I currently own a 79 Chevrolet El Camino with a 5.7L 350SB engine. I am looking to do an LS or LQ swap in the near future (budget). I know Holley and Hooker have made it simple to swap these motors and would like to share my ideas and gain some knowledge.

I have a 5.7L engine now(4 brl carb), I would like to know what would be a good engine to stuff in my Gbody. I like the thought of a 6.0L. My options would be a LS2 or an LQ9 (am I right?). Is it better to use an LS or LQ engine from a car or truck for my application/car?

let me know what some of your thoughts are and any information you have conjured up to help me along the way. Thank for viewing and I look forward to input!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On a budget the 4.8 & 5.3 engines in trucks go the cheapest. Usually find a crusty truck to use for donor. Then you will have most things needed. Sell off other parts bring cost down. Welcome to site. Have fun reading on here.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 76larkman
On a budget the 4.8 & 5.3 engines in trucks go the cheapest. Usually find a crusty truck to use for donor. Then you will have most things needed. Sell off other parts bring cost down. Welcome to site. Have fun reading on here.
I know I said budget but I want to increase power and start with a good platform. I want nothing less than a 5.7L. Although, the LS series motor is highly customizable, I don't want anything less than a 5.7L. Go big or go home!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello from Orlando, FL