Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

oil is $30 a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil is $30 a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason

Hey everyone, this seems like a really good forum, I've been lurking for a bit, justs checking out x-body LS swaps. I've got a 73 Nova that's sort of a hybrid of parts from a 71 Acadian that I bought when I was 15. The 71 isn't worth fixing but has tons of good parts for the 73. I work in the oil patch and that is pretty much destroyed right now so I'm trying to do this build for cheap.

The plan right now is to get a used L33 out of an 07 silverado that got rear ended, stuff it into the Nova and I'd really like to turbo it because that seems like the best way to get cheap power out of these motors. I've got Laycock design overdrive which is basically a gear vendors overdrive I'd also like to install behind a TH400.

I've been around motors my whole life, my Dad has been a mechanic since the fifties basically and we've always had dirt bikes and project vehicles. I built a 51 Ford cummins rat rod a couple years ago with him to use as a wedding vehicle but it's now for sale to fund this project.

That's enough about me though. Reading the build threads on here it looks like there is a lot of nice people who are willing to help each other out with just information and taking the time to do write ups, which is really neat. It'd be cool to run into someone from Alberta on here too.
I'll include a couple pictures of my rides
Attached Thumbnails oil is  a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason-truckhigh.jpg   oil is  a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason-nova2.jpg   oil is  a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason-nova1.jpg   oil is  a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason-nova.jpg   oil is  a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason-truck2.jpg  

Old 01-17-2016, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Cool cars
Old 02-05-2016, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Subscribed, as long as you promise to post LOTS of pics and keep up the forward progress!

Cheers,
joe
Old 02-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Looks like a cool project...I wonder the same thing...30.00 and moving up.

Quick Reply: oil is $30 a barrel and I'm buying an L33 for some reason