Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hi from Australia

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:50 AM
Teching In

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hi from Australia

G'day folks.

Name is Russell, and I hail from the sunny (though currently raining) east coast of Australia.

I have two LS projects that will begin this year.

First up is a 1967 Chevy Impala - factory built Right-hand Drive. I picked up a 6.0L + 4l65e combo for it a couple of days ago. That's the first car to get the LS treatment.

Vehicle #2 is a 1967 Chevy C10 - also factory Right-hand Drive - which at the moment sits as a freshly painted frame, whilst the cab is getting rust repairs. When the time comes, it will be getting a 6.0L + TR6060 plonked in the engine bay. That's quite a ways off though. Might not happen until next year.

Great forum. Place appears to be quite the knowledge bank. Hope I can be of some use.

Time to go start my build thread

As always, here's some pics.

Impala:

C10: When it arrived in Australia.

Turned out to be a rusty POS. Had to replace the cab floor, side vents, cab corners, and part of the cowl. Every other piece of sheet-metal had to be replaced.

The chassis in its current state.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the 67-72 c10's.
My daughter drives a restored one to high school with a 5.3/4l60e conversion. We even used the instrument cluster, column, radio etc from the 30k mile 2001 donor truck.
If you're in need of a bed.. The 88-98 step side beds do pretty well on those trucks and are fairly easy to find.. Over here at least.

Quick Reply: Hi from Australia