Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

ROLNDOLN from Suffolk County Long Island New York

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ROLNDOLN from Suffolk County Long Island New York

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula Tran Am
LS1 would love...Stereo with blue tooth (easy), auto start cause i am old and lazy (send it out $$), intake (not sure), has exhaust, better head lights, fogs, maybe sequentials although obviously chrome does NOT GET YOU HOME.
needs now...
Gauge cluster is out, took the mirrors with it, the radio has been sporadic since we got the car, now gonzo. soooo
the good the bad the ugly...
Florida car, no rust, bad rear, replaced, still WHIRRING from rear or axle or axle bearing noises. fender bender, ugg, brought on noise.

then the sound of concrete cutting form the left rear...everyone says the axle bearing, or the emergency brake, I wish, nothing obvious...it stopped after a few and then kicked in here and there and then went away, cray cray loose heat shield (or friggin beer can someplace who knows my brother says?)
if it stays warm a few more days, tell me where to look please. I am not a "wrench" or mechanic but my brother always insisted I have tools and I am not scaered to try lol got jack stand ramps wrenches beer what else hooch the pooches ready to go. HELP!!!
Been lurking here for years, prior ride was the sheriffs caprice from SOuth Carolina, 1996 LT1 with MSD ignition with the police package sway bars and BALLSY this baby hooked up
so reading everything dang there is a lot, say it aint the pcm...I could try solder sodder oh nevermind unless you are sure...
checked my fuses, the second row of the in car fuse box had 30 amp fuses but swapped to proper 20 and no trouble with that yet. whats up with that
?
so rehash,
got the car with bad rear, not too confident but see below. local guy did it had trouble kept it 10 days, had to re do the crush gasket thing I dont want to look it up right now
came back noisy BUT THEN
wife SAW snow and spun into a tree after driving fine for 3 months.
so, only the bumper, below the lights damage, hit a tree, no law, no injury thank you JESUS
now, not right away but after the accident the intermittent radio now it is out and so is the cluster but the cluster lights work so dont think bcm?
no radio, no mirrors, no cluster but cluster lights work(no odometer, no gas gauge, no alternator/amperage, no temperature, but tcm (traction control which sucks anyway) still works ,all lights, still daily driving cautiously.
I am now driving it, took the ttop out on my side today woohoo weather is WEIRD. should I move this or create this as a thread somewhere I dont know? HELP moderator?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol what a jumbled mess of words! there seems to be 14 or so stories in there!

my home town is port jeff

Quick Reply: ROLNDOLN from Suffolk County Long Island New York