Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Went to the Dark Side: the cookies were delicious

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the Dark Side: the cookies were delicious

What's up folks. Name is Brandon, by day, I'm a strength coach, by night, I masquerade as an admittedly not great mechanic on my family's cars. Reside in Tallahassee, FL.

My humble beginnings were with a 1993 Honda Civic LX 5MT Sedan in that Baby Greenish "Opal Green Metallic" color that I saved up money from my first job at 14 years old to buy when I turned 16.

From there, here is the family tree
'93 Civic -> '11 Civic LX (started modifying here. realized R18 = too slow) -> '09 370z (started to mod, realized other than boost, $/HP is terrible)->

Finally arrived at this, my 1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe with an '05 Pontiac GTO LS2 sitting under its lowly hood. Finally, the real fun begins. Ironically, in the same time period my wife has gone through a few cars, ultimately ending up with an '07 Civic SI, in the same color as my R18, and basically pursuing the exact same build I wanted to do with mine, except with a car more worth working on. Family DD is a '92 Civic VX Hatch.

Right now, car is in the shop getting A/C and Heat added to it and sorting out a couple wiring issues (I'm pretty handy, but electrical troubleshooting gives me headaches). In the meantime, just lurking around this forum trying to learn as much as I can about these great 'Murican (I guess technically kind of Australian in the GTO's case) engines to make my future plans.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice S13....should be a blast for sure. My Ls1 Zenki was a riot on the streets. Make sure to have quality tires and a good diff setup. The weight and pore loves moving these puppies sideways. If you have any more pix/details plz share.and CONGRATS!

Quick Reply: Went to the Dark Side: the cookies were delicious