Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the LS1 world (kinda)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New to the LS1 world (kinda)

Hello, I'm new to the LS1 group, finally purchasing my first real trans am (2000 Ws6, ram air, ws6 suspension, t-tops, leather, etc...) Last car was a 99 firebird (6 banger, cloth, t-top,) and it was basically on its last leg. I'm purchasing this car with the understanding that being used (93000 mile), there could be issues. Whoever had it before put corvette rims, a vantage intake (I think I spelled it right) and a after market cat back (not sure about everything else yet). I don't know what advantages/increase in performance it has, don't really care haha, just glad to finally purchase one

For starters, the dealer said there was an issue with the blower. I'm not sure if it's a common issue (never replaced mine before) but I'm curious as to what issues I should look for with owning this car? Anybody run into issues with their's? Any issues with the auto trans.? I'm aware of window motor failure, headlight motor or gear going out issues, but I just need some feedback so I know what I may be fixing haha
Thanks!
Old 04-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were they referring to the blower motor? I haven't looked into blower motor issues much myself, but if I remember correctly they are easy to access via the glove box area.

I hope you got a good deal with the car needing a few things. Either way, congrats on the purchase. Throw up some pics!
Old 04-26-2016, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got it hom , and yes it was behind the glove box.

Im running into a small issue with a02 sensor on banks 1 and 2 for sensor 2. Seems like a lowvoltage reading...? The dealer had2 new cats and both 02 sensors replaced on each sideband drove about 50 miles with no issue. I get home (2ND TIME) and it was fine for about 30 miles. I punched it a redlight, hit 60 and the damn light came on , same code.

I dont know what to think anymore, not exactly a mechanic but i wonder if its that Volant dual cone intake? Anybody have similar problems?
Old 04-27-2016, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WS6? I've always had a thing for those......lets see some pictures.

Quick Reply: New to the LS1 world (kinda)