Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello! New member looking to add performance cam to my 5.3 Silverado!

Old 04-10-2016, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! New member looking to add performance cam to my 5.3 Silverado!

Hello,
My name is KIRK. I have a 2010 Silverado 4X4 5.3 LTZ with 102,000 on the odometer. LT headers, custom 2.5" catless dual exhaust, Airaid intake tube, 33.3" tires, 2" lift, and a Trifecta tune are the current mods on my truck. I have joined the forum to seek info, feedback, advice, and opinions on further modifications and improvements to my truck, particularly a performance cam. At this time I am researching info on cams, heads, and a dod/afm delete. I have been searching and reading info on this subject on a few different forums. I don't want to elaborate too much on an introduction thread. So, if anyone can point me in the right direction and/or provide any links and info, that would be great!

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Teching In

I just recently dropped a cam into my LS3. Some questions I would pose to you is what kind of sound you want versus power gains, and what kind of mods you may want in the future.

I am new like you so welcome!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Teching In

I talked to TSP and they recommended a 210/224 5.56 5.68 114 with my stock converter. I want to be able to tow with my truck still. I'm not sure how much cam that is they recommend and how much cam is too much. If what they recommend sounds good and is good for 30hp, I think that would be fine. I would like to see closer to 50hp though. What cam can I get away with if I change the stall to around 2200-2600 later down the road on a 6L80. I'd like to have a mild to moderate choppy sound from the cam, but I don't want it to sound too aggressive. I guess I don't want it too sound or be too aggressive and I want it to be my DD and still be able tow with it. I hope I'm making sense. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited by 220swift; 04-10-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:24 AM
Teching In

That is a pretty mild cam and it will likely have a few degrees of overlap with that LSA so it will sound good. If you are going to put a converter in the truck, you can go bigger; I would add probably no more than 10 degrees to both intake and exhaust. if you keep that LSA it'll lope.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello! New member looking to add performance cam to my 5.3 Silverado!