Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Street legal LS swapped racecar.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street legal LS swapped racecar.

Hi all, my name is Brad from southern Indiana.

I'm building a street legal car from an older asphalt late model frame. Using an 04 6.0 lq4 with a t-56 and an older quick change rear end. I've got it running and driving but I'm having issues. The problem is that the injectors are staying open (i assume because it's hard as hell to start when it sits and fuel pours out of it when it does) and I believe it's because of the way I have it wired. I put all the pink wires I could find (from the original harness not the pcm( together because I've read they need to be hot with the key on. The plan was to use a relay to make them hot with the key on. However one or more of them must be hot all the time and keeping them all hot all the time. Does anyone know where to start with this? Would like to post pics but it's been a while since I've been on a forum so I don't know how to do that lol. Newb issues...🙄

Old 06-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Nothin? Lol
Old 06-17-2016, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Well I got the pink wire situation sorted out. Turns out I was wrong. The pink wires from the fuse box don't do anything. But the reason the battery was dead all the time was due to a headlamp relay being energized all the time. Also got clutch pedal fixed where it was at a bad angle and the pedal was too small. Used a piece of exhaust tubing that already had a bend in it. Flattened it out a bit and welded it to the existing pedal and now it's easy to press! Also got some interior work done. Hope to have the body built by next week.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Sweet! Are you going to run late model sheet metal on it?
Old 06-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onebadbowtie86
Sweet! Are you going to run late model sheet metal on it?
Yes! Actually it will look more like a whelen modified. Open wheel. I race a dirt late model though lol.

Quick Reply: Street legal LS swapped racecar.