Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Truck leasee

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck leasee

If there's any issue with posting this here, please let me know or move the post (am unable to post elsewhere in the forums).

I recently sold my '05 Avalanche, and leased a '16 Silverado double cab 4x4 (V8 of course). Back in '07 I purchased the HP Tuners VCM Suite, which I used to reduce TM and adjust the computer for new/larger tires after the dealer couldn't find my tire size in their system. Just curious if anyone can recommend a good place to sell the equipment/license. I've checked eBay for other people selling them, and have only found new units.

I realize this site isn't exactly truck-oriented, but what a difference time makes. As much as I enjoyed owning the '05 Avalanche, the ~new L83 with the 6-speed is quick when pushed. The trans does everything it can to save fuel just tooling around, but I haven't noticed much if any TM. I was able to tune out most of that with the Ave, but those trucks have some locked in regardless, and a lot of weight to move.

Also wondering whether the new Ecotec V8s are considered LS-based or not. Technically, it seems they would be, but I'm not sure. The way it easily runs to 3-4k under normal/medium acceleration has taken some getting used to.

-Derek in Mid-MI.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Dereck.

The new GM Gen V family of engines: LT1 and LT4 car, L86 6.2 and L83 5.3 truck are completely new and do not share anything major with LS engines. This new engines have amazing technological advances. As with the LS engines, the Gen V swaps will become the engines to swap into about enything.
Your HP tuner should be easy to sell, just list it in market place and ebay. There are millions of LS engines out there. Someone somewhere needs one. Good luck.

Quick Reply: New Truck leasee