Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

hsv owner from new zealand

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hsv owner from new zealand

Howzit. im a new fulla I had a kwik look round in particular at the engines for sale as I have a 1996 vs commodore ute I want to repower with a 5.3 truck motor and a 2002 vx hsv senator that needs another gen111 ls engine at some point, the hsv is a manual t56 car and the ute is an auto 4l60e. this brings me to my question wich could be stupid one so I apologise in advance, if anyone here can help me with info about who wouldn't mind selling me the above used or built engines if I organise shipping t0 NZ. im on a budget so cheap is good exchange rates average about 75 80 cents to your us dollars and a ls1 motor with 200 000 klicks on it will set me back 3500 dollars and that's cheap here, the 5.3 iron block motor is a different story they are rare as rocking horse **** down here, as all our cars came out with the alloy ls1/ls6 1997-2005 and then went ls2 ls3 lsa and you don't even want to know what they cost here. what a dummy I just realised after reading some guidelines that this is not the appropriate place to ask people to sell me stuff, so what I really should say is I want to learn more about budget ls builds and export import of ls drivetrains, I think. thanks.

Last edited by carport mechanic; 08-14-2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: just read guidelines thread, think my title is sub standard
Old 08-15-2016, 03:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Import an ls1 from Australia. A heap were sold here between 1999 - 2003.

I bought a complete ls1 long motor for $280 a month ago from eBay. Genuine 180ks. Diagnosed as running rough. The owner wanted a new engine, wasn't interested in looking at repairing. I sold just the oil pan for $80. After inspection, all it had wrong with it was 1 broken valve spring.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to LS1Tech from a fellow kiwi. Will be bringing in some parts in near future so may be able to help you. It's not something that you just buy a few powertrains, you have to go ***** out or nothing, else the costs are prohibitive, unless it's a crazy bargain like Launch had. Either way, nice to meet you!
Old 08-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Teching In

hey thanks guys. that's some good deals to be had in aussie by the sounds of that launch. im feeling that's some real good advice from you both especialy s2kiwi im guessing the prohibitive costs are to do with shipping ,customs, taxes etc.
I have heard of the odd crazy good deal here in nz as well but they must be far and few between cos I been looking, trade me mostly, keep me posted about what your doing in regards to bringing some parts in if theres room for me to work in with you and make things easier for us both that be great. meanwhile Ill keep wrenching on my weekends, its how I unwind from my real job, learn what I can from the good folks in here, and its good to meet you to mate.

Quick Reply: hsv owner from new zealand