Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another S10 guy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another S10 guy

Just signed up today and I'm hoping this is the place to pick up some LSx knowledge. I currently own a "nothing special" 1998 4.3 auto S10 extended cab. I haven't driven my truck since 2011 and it has just been sitting in my back yard rusting away since. I stopped driving it for a few reason, one big one is that a rwd pick up with a vortech supercharger and traction bars doesn't equate to reliable transportation to night classes in a new england winter. The other big reason was I was constantly fighting belt slip issues with the alternator and shredding belts and caking up alternators with rubber dust.

I've since pulled the supercharger and traction bars ( they completely seized up ), and spent the last year and a half cleaning and painting the the frame and rebuilding the suspension to a factory ZQ8 spec. My only current mods are a zexel torsion posi, an SLP y-pipe with full 3" single exhaust.

I still need a few different things to put the truck back together, mainly get the bed back on and then torque every single bolts from the front bumper brackets to the rear bumper brackets.

It will probably never happen but I have it in my head that I want to swap the vortec 4.3 with LV3 4.3, hence the reason I'm hear.

I'm sure some of the member hear know the horrors of owning a New England vehicle, but below is the before and after of the rear half of my truck from earlier this summer. The bottom half of the truck is in fantastic shape at this point, and other that the cab corners that are starting to get a little soft the truck is solid and begging for and upgrade.

Quick Reply: Another S10 guy