Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello From TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Hello From TN

Hey Guys. Wanted to take a second and introduce myself. Like most I have been reading threads and getting information from LS1tech for years. Mainly I love looking at the Hybrid engine swap threads, but it also amazes me the amount of helpful information that can be found here.

Recently I have found myself in possession of a 5.3 out of a Tahoe. I am in the process of breaking everything down to take it to the machine shop to get cleaned and refreshed. The plan is to leave the bottom end stock, port and polish the heads, and toss a cam in. From there put a T56 behind it, and toss it in a E36 BMW.

I look forward to being part of the community, and helping out where I can.

-Andrew
Old 08-20-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Andrew. Are you looking to make your E36 a street car? if so what are your plans for instrument clusters?

I'm looking to put an LS engine in my E46 and then put one in my e36 drift car.

Anthony
Old 08-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Hey Anthony. I am looking to build a multi purpose all around fun car. Mainly geared towards road/track. As far as instruments I plan on using this harness http://www.wiringspecialties.com/tuls1e36wiha.html which will allow the use of full OEM dash instruments. May swap in a M3 cluster at some point.

-Andrew
Old 08-20-2016, 10:02 AM

I think you've just saved my life with that link lol. At the moment I have a supercharged M3 but I want something I can tune the nuts off hence the swap and then il put the M3 in my E36 until I have the funds to put an LSX in it.

Being in the uk parts don't come easy or cheap along with the chance to find a bare block to work with.

I do hope you do a build thread as I'm very interested too see your progress.

Anthony
Old 08-20-2016, 10:17 AM

Also what ECU will you be running?
Old 08-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Haha I don't mind doing the engine work, and fab work but I will pay good money not to have to mess with wiring. I had a e46 M3 for a few years and loved it. I ended up selling it because the VANOS started ticking and it would of cost a few thousand dollars to fix. I always told myself that I would own another BMW, but it would have a reliable engine swapped into it.

I am in the process of rebuilding the engine, and finding a T56. Once I get the engine and drive train pulled together I will start a build thread.

Post some pics of your supercharged BMW.

-Andrew
Old 08-20-2016, 10:23 AM

I will post some pictures up for you later. I've got 2 charged E46's ones and M3 and one is a 330ci. yeah I hear you about the nasty vanos... one of my old M3's went to the scrap yard in the sky because of it years ago and I wasn't spending the silly money to fix it.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:30 AM
Launching!

I plan on using a LS1 ECU with a mild tune. I would be happy with a reliable 360whp. I plan to lighten the car as much as possible, but still keep some of the road car comforts.

Yeah its crazy how much it takes to fix, and maintain those cars and if you want to make any kind of power your talking big dollars.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:38 AM

Ah I see were both achieving different power lol. I want 650/750whp.

It will take me some time to build this engine as I say parts are not easy to come across here in the uk. I am on the hunt for a bare block at the moment but not having much luck.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Haha yeah there is a little bit of a HP difference there. Let me know if you need parts. They are supper easy to get state side.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:57 AM

Yeah I'm after a block if you know of any going?

Quick Reply: Hello From TN