Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Toronto!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Toronto!

Hello everyone. My name is Bill. Long time non-registered lurker with a recently acquired a mint 1999 Camaro Z28 SS. It's a 6-speed car, with long tube headers and SLP Loudmouth which is too loud LOL!!

Original plans for the car was to make it into an entry level grudge racer, but insurance companies won't insure cars with roll cages anymore. So now the plan is to refine the front and rear suspensions as well as the brakes and make it into a corner burning machine! I want to drop as much weight as possible but keep things like A/C, ABS, power steering, power windows, etc.

The rear suspension will be the centrepiece.

As for power, I really want to jump on the turbo bandwagon with something like a T6 S480/96. Or maybe someone here could help me with that selection? I am also looking at Darton MID sleeves for my LS1 block. At that point I will fill the internals will Callies crank/I-beam rods, (from their Compstar line), and either Wiseco or Diamond pistons. Still undecided on cylinder heads and cam. Will have to stick with the stock ECU though for emissions reasons.

Appearance-wise, I would like to integrate functional aero components that are also subtle. Mainly front and rear splitters. Since I would also like to run in a local Time Attack series once in a while and the rules dictate a max tire width of 295, so that's what she'll wear at all four corners.

The interior will also get some love in the form of better materials and seats and steering wheel. I also plan on deleting the rear seat as no one ever sits back there anyways

There are many more details that I am considering but still unsure about. And that's where I hope all of you fine LS1Tech'ers will come in! I look forward to corresponding with everyone.

Regards,

Bill
Old 10-01-2016, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Bill.

Quick Reply: Hello from Toronto!