Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hey new to site. Have questions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey new to site. Have questions!

Hey guys I need help. I have a 2000 Z28 Camaro with:
-SLP cat back
-SLP ram air
-SLP MAF
-Hypertech
-Plugs and Wires
-B&M Shift Kit
-165 Thermostat
-Free Mods
-Koni doube adjustables upfront(springs-unsure)

Everything else is stock. I run 13.2(whether on BF Goodrich drag radials or my street tires), 60' is 2.1 average(coming out of the hole at 1400 RPM's w/radials; 1100 on street tire).

My main goal is to get into twelves on street tires(looking for 12.6-.7) and low twelves on my drag radials, but still be streetable and able to travel from New Jersey to Florida where I go to college.

I need answers on what to do! I know that there are alot of ways to go about doing this. I have broswed LS1TECH and even talked to a few shops. Right now I am getting mixed responses. I was thinking on doing LCA's, panhard bar, and a torque arm, but I just went to a shop today to get their opinon and they said that the stock suspension is fine and if i changed up the suspension it will be an uncomfortable ride. They also said exactly what all the other perfomance shops said to do:

-Torque converter
-3.73 gears

Please help me out with my dilema. And if you guys know of any good shops in the tri-state area fill me in please.
Thanks
Old 12-17-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

100 shot
Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Yea that is the best bang for the buck but I don't want to go that route.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

long tube headers and you needa leave out more than 1400 on Dr's. i leave @ 2k only because mine are wore out and it will spin at any higher rpm
Old 12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I was also thinking maybe Adj. LCA's and Adj. panhard bar, but I don't know what company.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A high stall converter 3000 will definaley get you in the high 12's if not mid's. Completely driveable. It is the best bang for the buck other than nitrous IMOP. Don't forget the tranny cooler!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. I have Finally(after a good 50+ hours of research through calling and visiting different shops and checking out websites) gone with a TCI 3000 and some rear suspension parts like a torque arm and LCA's w/ relocation brackets. Oh yea and I decided to see if my dad was right in saying that I baby the car and he was. On the pavement w/o warming up my regular street tires my car will rev up to about 1600 RPM's before my tires really want to go(instead of my original 1200 RPM's). Again thanks for all the help guys. Now time to do research if I need adjustable tubular LCA's, non-adjus. tubular LCA's, or the boxed. Off to the suspension threads!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Nice post up vids.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Not for a while. Im a freshman in college working for about 300 every two weeks at the college and until I have sufficient amount of money I won't be running my new parts anytime soon. Boo to hourly labor rates.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goober79
Hey guys I need help. I have a 2000 Z28 Camaro with:
-SLP cat back
-SLP ram air
-SLP MAF
-Hypertech
-Plugs and Wires
-B&M Shift Kit
-165 Thermostat
-Free Mods
-Koni doube adjustables upfront(springs-unsure)

Everything else is stock. I run 13.2(whether on BF Goodrich drag radials or my street tires), 60' is 2.1 average(coming out of the hole at 1400 RPM's w/radials; 1100 on street tire).

My main goal is to get into twelves on street tires(looking for 12.6-.7) and low twelves on my drag radials, but still be streetable and able to travel from New Jersey to Florida where I go to college.

I need answers on what to do! I know that there are alot of ways to go about doing this. I have broswed LS1TECH and even talked to a few shops. Right now I am getting mixed responses. I was thinking on doing LCA's, panhard bar, and a torque arm, but I just went to a shop today to get their opinon and they said that the stock suspension is fine and if i changed up the suspension it will be an uncomfortable ride. They also said exactly what all the other perfomance shops said to do:

-Torque converter
-3.73 gears

Please help me out with my dilema. And if you guys know of any good shops in the tri-state area fill me in please.
Thanks
dude stock suspension is NOT fine.. it's too weak. get headers, exhaust, torque converter is a must, intake, ported tb, cam.. then you'll be in the 12's