Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Hartford, CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Hartford, CT

My name is Manny, and I don't even own a v8 powered car. I'm 29 years old, a senior mechanical engineering student at the University of Hartford, and I've been working as a mechanic, race technician, and fabricator for the last 10 years.

Now that I am ready to graduate, I have been talking to the guys over at Callaway Cars in Old Lyme, CT about possible employment. I believe that the C6 Corvette is one of the best sports cars available for a reasonable price anywhere in the world today. And Callaway has taken this vehicle and made it go faster, stop faster, corner better, and look incredible.

I have only worked on a handful of corvettes in my life and one WS6, so I joined this forum to help bring me up to speed with some LSX knowledge. I'm a race fan also, and will be rooting for the C6.R on March 15 at the 12 hours of sebring.

As for my cars. I have a 1990 RX-7 convertible that I installed a Infini IV turbo engine into, bumping the power up to 220hp and 215ft-lbs. Its very light, and incredibly fun in the corners. Although I do get smoked on the straightaways by v8's. And my beater is a 1993 Civic that is completely stock, except for upper and lower front anti-sway bars. I love it because it's weighs 2130lbs with me and a half a tank of gas, and I get 38 mpg around town and 43 mpg on the highway. Best econo box ever, but I am getting tired of the 1.5 liter 95hp engine, and am thinking about installing a 2 liter Honda CR-V engine into it so I won't have to downshift while going up hills.

If I do get hired at Callaway Cars, of course I will get a Corvette. I have my eyes on a C4. (I love cars from the late 80's early 90's)

So thats me, I have a lot of reading to do on this site. Comments, questions, and flames are all welcome.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Hey man, i was born in Hartford, lived there for 8 years. My dad had a '94 vette so im kinda partial to C4s. Welcome to the site, lots of info and good luck with the job hunt
Old 02-29-2008, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

this site has very many helpful people on here and its a great site welcome!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Teching In

I have to say I'm very impressed with this site. Not only are most of the posts here from intelligent informed people, for the most part they are polite as well. I'm used to seeing people on the RX-7 forum flame each other to death. Or on the Honda-tech forum there are people there asking what kind of intercooler they should put on their naturally aspirated cars to make it faster.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dokta
I have to say I'm very impressed with this site. Not only are most of the posts here from intelligent informed people, for the most part they are polite as well. I'm used to seeing people on the RX-7 forum flame each other to death. Or on the Honda-tech forum there are people there asking what kind of intercooler they should put on their naturally aspirated cars to make it faster.
wont find that here, from what i see its kinda family
Old 03-04-2008, 08:02 PM
12 Second Club

welcome. make sure to post in the eastern section if you have't already