Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Law student in Lansing, MI

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Law student in Lansing, MI

I'm just finishing up my first year at Michigan State University Law and wanted to say hello.... I've lurked here for months and thought I should jump in. Now that the weather's cleared up I'm driving my T/A again. And in theory, I'll get a summer job so I can add some more **** to it.

Right now, it's pretty stock... Loudmouth, SLP Lid, and a Hypertech.

Any other law students? Or Lansing area people? Or both?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

I'm in Lansing, I use to go to MSU but go to LCC now. Check out www.mifbody.com, its a Michigan site and there is a meet coming up next month you should try and make it out to.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:44 PM

Sweet - I went to LCC too. I'll check it out!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Law student(2L an university of Alabama School of Law) here as well. Now hit the books you lowely 1L. I kid I kid!

I know our exams start on thursday, so yours should be starting up as well. Our 1Ls take Constitutional law, Evidence, Contracts, and property during the spring. What exams are you taking this semester?

Afraid you won't find too many law students on this board though. Kind of a white collar place for the most part, with a few engineers and various other professionals spread out. It is expected, not to many attorneys are souping up american muscle cars these days. For example, I have the fastest car at my law school by far (next would be a completely stock Mustang GT), not that anyone really cares (Most of them are liberals, drive hybrids, and think that myself, AND MY TA, are whats wrong with this country!)

Well, I have a securties regulation final on friday that i have to study for , so Ill catch you later. Don't stress out too much, class ranking is not the end all. Give it your best, and good luck on your upcomming exams!
Old 04-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Where is your home town? I live in clarkston and a kid down the street has a white T/a with loudmouth and stuff
Old 04-23-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by landonew

I know our exams start on thursday, so yours should be starting up as well. Our 1Ls take Constitutional law, Evidence, Contracts, and property during the spring. What exams are you taking this semester? !
Con Law 1, Contracts II, Civ Pro II, and Property. My first exam is Con Law this Friday.

Originally Posted by landonew
Afraid you won't find too many law students on this board though. Kind of a white collar place for the most part, with a few engineers and various other professionals spread out. It is expected, not to many attorneys are souping up american muscle cars these days. For example, I have the fastest car at my law school by far (next would be a completely stock Mustang GT), not that anyone really cares (Most of them are liberals, drive hybrids, and think that myself, AND MY TA, are whats wrong with this country!)
It's SUV haven up here, so I get better gas mileage than most of my law school counterparts... I'm sure I have the fastest car from what I've seen, except maybe for a guy who has a BMW M6. (Can a stockish T/A take one?)

Have fun with your finals too.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by barracuda_440
Where is your home town? I live in clarkston and a kid down the street has a white T/a with loudmouth and stuff
I live in Delta Township and mine's Red.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Punitiv
Con Law 1, Contracts II, Civ Pro II, and Property. My first exam is Con Law this Friday.

It's SUV haven up here, so I get better gas mileage than most of my law school counterparts... I'm sure I have the fastest car from what I've seen, except maybe for a guy who has a BMW M6. (Can a stockish T/A take one?)

Have fun with your finals too.
Con law blows. Did yall cover the "**** the Draft" case under 1st amendment freedom of speech? Civ pro is pretty straight forward, except for the Erie doctrine. Property is pretty complicated, especially the future interests portion of it. Good luck man. Second year is a breeze compared to first, so just keep that in mind over the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Welcome from a fellow MI'er. I've got friends in Lansing; I'm actually gonna be visiting a friend of mine in a few weeks who goes to MSU (well, technically it's her grad party, so im not sure if you'd consider that still "going" to MSU )

And good luck on mifbody...lol...i was pumped when I found out there was a MI-based fbody forum when I first registered there, but that site gets so much freakin' traffic everyday I can't keep up with all the new posts.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:44 AM
On The Tree

Hey! y'all , I left lansing back in 86 and moved to Florida. I think I might drive up one day (have not done that in a long time, but still have family there) and drive LPD (police) crazy and cruise Lansing with dark tinted windows! one thing I've always noticed that there are not a lot of F Bodys up there, but more firebirds than camaros. IMO besides I'm craving a Deluca's pizza!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Get out you future Ambulance Chaser!!!! I'm joking! Welcome!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

welcome to the site, im going to go into family law
Old 04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

Hey,Im not a Spartan but my sister goes there. I used to live up there until i moved to Florida. Congrats on the ls1. What are your first mods going to be.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a law student 5 years ago. now i practice. enjoy law school. i had an incredible time. now go hit those horn books!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FLSSLS1
I'm craving a Deluca's pizza!
thats good ****
Old 04-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Teching In

MSU student here. Check out www.msuracing.com
Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 AM
12 Second Club

i lived in lansing last year im still going to LCC though...Go Stars! lol yea right...
Old 04-25-2008, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

and so y'all (see what happens when y'all been in the south too long? crap like "y'all" comes out of y'alls mouth!! ) need to know that I do fly the "Spartan" flag when required! That really annoys certain "Gator" and others!! Way too much "go Blue" crap down here too!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM

i applied and got accepted to michigan state law school but i decided to stick with university of nebraska law school

how is it? is it as tough as they say it is?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

I go to msu, I have my z/28 up at school, got a trans am back home. Where abouts do you live/study at? I am undergrad pre-med.