Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Detroit B4C Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit B4C Newbie

Hi all, a newbie here from the Detroit area. I recently bought a 2002 B4C. The car is in excellent shape and a blast to drive! Black automatic, former Florida Highway Patrol police interceptor with the E Troop out of Miami. My previous toy was a DeLorean. Really fun car and attention getter, but limited seating capacity for a family with 4 kids. And of course the Camaro is much faster.

I was specifically looking for a B4C because they are relatively rare and different. I like the fact that, other than the Z28 exhaust outlets, it looks like a sleeper with no markings. Can't wait to crush a few weenie "tuners" equipped with coffee can mufflers.

So far I have installed an SLP cold air induction kit and reflashed with a DiabloSport Predator. In a week or so the 3.73 ring and pinion goes in and it should be seriously fun. Plan on keeping the exterior looking stock, the better to get the drop on the unsuspecting. For car show purposes, I have a red/blue LED flasher for the dash and the headlight flashers work as well. I also have a CHEVROLET CAMARO SPECIAL SERVICE VEHICLE badge for the hood. I work for GM and had our agency reproduce the exact piece we used on the hood for the Camaro B4C show cars back in 2001 and 2002. Its magnetic so I can easily put it on for shows and take it off afterward; don't want to drive around with that or the lights, the cops don't take kindly to that sort of thing.
Attached Thumbnails Detroit B4C Newbie-img_5767.jpg