Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie w/ a question about value?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie w/ a question about value?

Hello everyone, glad to be a part of the LS1 world!!! I hope to be permanent if i can land this deal. lol
I've got an option of buying an 02 C5 Vette w/ 44,500 miles 6spd, stock other than Corsa headers, mid pipe, mufflers/tips & donaldson Intake. It was on Ebay the other day for $25k "Buy it now" and i know he'll take very little less. NADA book says its worth 26k and which i was surprised about that amount. Anyway, is it worth that????

I've got an 85 IROC 5.0 TPI pristine condition (too many things to list about it) & a 69 Camaro project (non-roller and in a million pieces) but i've got new GM full 1/4's and new floors for it. I want to trade him these cars and some cash but he doesn't seem very interested in it even though he's really good with rebuilding cars so i know he can triple his money back on the 69.

I offered him to come down to $22k on the Vette, he said $5k on the 69 and i said $7500 on my IROC and 10K cash. he didn't go for it.

What do you guys think???????
Old 05-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Launching!

you might have a problem trying to trade cars with a guy, no matter how nice/profitable they are. i would just sell the IROC through private party along with the truck. then use the cash with a loan, if possible. If the IROC is actually nice, i'm sure you can get someone interested.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

I would never buy a car on ebay. I would have to go see it and drive it. You never know if the tranny slips or if the motor is bad. I would pass that one up. If I was you I would sell your cars out right to someone else and rack in the money and find a local one on craigslist or autotrader. The price on that vette seems about right. Cars around St. Louis seem higher than other places. Hope this helps! Welcome to LS1Tech!!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

yeah i agree, i'll let ya know what i end up doing. See ya soon
Old 05-28-2008, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
I would never buy a car on ebay. I would have to go see it and drive it. You never know if the tranny slips or if the motor is bad. I would pass that one up. If I was you I would sell your cars out right to someone else and rack in the money and find a local one on craigslist or autotrader. The price on that vette seems about right. Cars around St. Louis seem higher than other places. Hope this helps! Welcome to LS1Tech!!
I totally agree and Welcome to the forums!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

I ended up putting my IROC on Ebay just to see what happens, check out the link if you want. I found a buyer for my 69 last night that will bring me $5K in cash but i told him i won't sell that car unless i sell my IROC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...248030945&rd=1