Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally back in a T/A

Old 06-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally back in a T/A

After ditching my last F-body for an 05 GTO, then tiring of the car payment (and missing T-tops!), I sold the GTO and have been looking for another T/A for a few weeks. My patience for car shopping is weak, and after seeing a 99 NBM at a dealer late Tuesday night, I decided to buy it. Unfortunately, since it was dark, I missed seeing several exterior flaws with it, so I will be having some paint work done. It has 96,000 miles, and I got it for $6900. It's definitely not the best deal in recorded history, and I would have liked to have bought a car from a member here, but naturally none of the cars I was interested in were local It's an A4 GU5 car. I'm kind of bored not having to shift anymore, but once I get a stall I think things will be a little more exciting

Haven't had a chance to get any good pictures of it, but here's one from the dealership and another one from my garage:

The car is pretty much stock, it has an SLP lid and Loudmouth exhaust, but since I am free of a car payment there will be many more mods to come. Appearance mods consist of a half-assed attempt to do silver accents, which will probably be undone and replaced with some white vinyl... door letterings, filler plate, etc. Once the paint work is done and I have a few interior items fixed up, I think I'll be really happy with it. Wouldn't mind getting some of the chrome wheels or WS6 wheels to replace the ugly twisted-spoke ones that are on it.

I've been lurking here forever, even got an account a while back, but I believe this is my first "counted" post (since for-sale posts don't count). Generally my questions are the common ones that have already been answered, so searching works wonders. The community here is just one of the reasons I'm proud to be an LSx owner!

Brad
Old 06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

nice car man! love that color! i just picked me up a 02 CE TA 2 days ago but unforunatly ill have a car note! but the price you pay for a piece of history!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can't wait to see it Brad, but I think that I finally have a nicer car than you! Just messin', we'll get her looking nice!
Old 06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Teching In

nice man
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96RamAirTA
nice car man! love that color! i just picked me up a 02 CE TA 2 days ago but unforunatly ill have a car note! but the price you pay for a piece of history!
I would have loved to have gotten a CETA, but that wouldn't have saved me much money I love the way they look though, and you're definitely right about owning a piece of history!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

youre crazy, thats an amazing deal. it looks really good. i miss mine
Old 06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Happy moding!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from southern calif. That's a really good deal.This site is the best for info on are cars. Cool color too.

Search this Thread