Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum

Hello everyone. I just bought a 99 WS6 Trans Am (ram air) from a friend of mine. I am new to the LS1 engine, but not new to the game. I also have a Lightning that has 605/654 rwhp. The Trans Am has 322rwhp. It has a new ZO6 clutch, Flowmaster Exhaust, SLP lid, moser built rearend. I just put the rear in it about a year ago when something broke in it. I told him he might as well got built since that is the only weak part on these cars. I have always loved the look of these cars and when he told me he was going to sell it, since he is going through a divorce and he didn't want to get rid of his vet I just couldn't pass it up. I still think my wife is going to kill me for buying it though.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell your wife that he gave the car to you for free

Sounds like a pretty well built car with the rear end and clutch upgrade. Should handle some decent power.

What do you have done to the lightning to make that much power?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazy4
Tell your wife that he gave the car to you for free

Sounds like a pretty well built car with the rear end and clutch upgrade. Should handle some decent power.

What do you have done to the lightning to make that much power?
Built motor, tranny, rearend, 2.6 Kennebell supercharger, and a whole lot more. I have it for sale right now. The wife will get over it.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site, ive seen you on SVTP, your truck is SICK!!! Congrats on the T/A, we have two of them, and im now looking to sell my silver 02, to pick up a low mileage Sunset Orange Metallic 02 WS.6.

I traded my Sonic Blue 04 Lightning in January, to Thunderbolt (Hes a member here too) for the 00 WS.6 in my sig. You may have seen the truck on SVTPerformance.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.She will forgive you at some point.You will love it and be glad you bought it.She can't stay mad at you forever you know.