Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

....and yet another swap story

Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ....and yet another swap story

Hi all,

I am from Houston, TX, and got this aenemic little Miata that needs a heart transplant. The engine du jour seems to be the LS1 which I prefer over the aging Mustang equipment option.

I am looking for as much advice and to learn about the LS1 as I can before digging in (also save up some cash for the job). I am a DIYer, but I know my limitations, and would also be looking for a shop with the big items (engine hoist, space, blow torches) to help with the conversion.

It seems like a great forum with lots of info, and I hope to give back as well, by utilising the sponsors where possible and sharing with you all about my journey.

I'd like to thank a GTO owning friend of mine for showing me the light...helping me stay poor.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's a hybird section where many other car enthusiasts have done LS1 transplants into different vehicles. welcome aboard!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^What he said, there's a hybrid section and I'm sure there are plenty of people in there that can help you out greatly. Welcome to the site!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!, I'm an active poster in the Hybrid section. THere is at least one other Miata in progress so help is avilable. Look forward to seeing progress on your project!

Pat

Search this Thread