Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new guy needs help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool new guy needs help

my name is rocky i have a 00 z28 i lost my trans in april.was thinking about putting in a 6 speed since i auto x and want to road course race in the future.I cannot find a decent used trans or car to get the parts.Also i will probably have to sell my 80 z28 unless i race that.Any help will be appreciated,I am happy i found this site it looks like a lot of you are very helpful.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

check the raleigh craigslist for a tranny; I noticed one on there a few days ago for $1200, and dont know if thats really all that great but its at least within a 4-5 hour drive from you.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Well, if you need any instruction, I'd be happy to help you. Solo2 Instructor and I also still hold my semi-pro license.

I'd contact some of the LS1Tech sponsors on the side ... I know at least a few of them must have something for ya. If not, I'll get in touch with Stevey (me and him raced each other in the IKF years ago) and I know he's from the area and knows many engine and trans builders and shops.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info i will let you know what i find.i have not found anything yet in the sponsors list yet except rebuild kits and upgrades.i always except help,just dont know when i will be able to do anything i just had a baby boy 2 weeks ago.but i gotta get my car going again and get back out there when i can.thanks again
Old 08-08-2008, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

The best thing always is to find a sponsor you like (I'm in touch with Performabuilt tranny's atm about a 700r4 and/or 4l80e) and ask if they can recommend any shops in your area for the install (ones they work with). That way, if you order their tranny, it's being done at a shop they know, so it's less likely you'll wind up SOL like I was (ordered a new injector pump online, had it installed at a dealer, and the pump died within a week. Neither place would take responsibility for the failure).