Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the site...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site...

But I've been lurking for awhile and this seems like a good forum. I acquired a 2000 ss a couple months ago and I'm trying to figure out the best road for it.
I've done a few small things but it's not fast enough to hang with my competition. Here's my issue. There are no Dyno's/speed shops within 1000's of miles of where I live. I've gone down the self tuning road with my pickup and it's no where near where I feel it should be and isn't exactly a joy to drive daily. So I'm leary of throwing a set of heads and aggressive cam on the camaro. My buddies drive low 11 high 10 fox body and a single turbo fd rx7 that runs low 11's as well. So I'd like to atleast be within a second or so of those. What are my options. I've thought about just doing a 100 shot but don't want to blow anything up. I'm new to the chevy side of things but in the ford camp I've had less than optimal experiences with mail order tunes. So before I start buying parts I figured I'd check with you guys and see what you think.
oh yeah, Since I built the truck I've gotten married, bought a house, back to school, and still work full time. And I've yet to discover the money tree. So buying a ls7 crate motor is kind of not an option.