Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

another texan

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another texan

Yea, I already know, there's plenty of us on here. But what's one more? I'm from Amarillo and bought my 1st LS car about a month ago and I love it. Wanted to buy the same car back in 98 but couldn't afford it, glad I got it now! Bought it for a daily driver but it will be modded for the dragstrip soon but stay a DD.

I've already been reading up on the site for awhile to figure out what I'm gonna do to it. Definatly LT's/exhaust, DR's, and a dry nitrous kit in the near future. Just wanna run some low 13's N/A and some decent 12's on nitrous in our horrible air.....averages around DA 5000+!

But you guys know how that goes, I'm sure it'll have a TC, beefed up trans, 12 bolt or 9'' rear end, H/C or a crate motor in it before I'm done....as long as it's streetable! Meaning all the creature comforts and still get decent gas mileage....I like cruisin it too much, and so do my kids!

I've been drag racing bikes for about 11+ years and I now own a Promod Suzuki that runs deep in the sevens so if the car seems a little slow I can always jump back on that and remember what fast feels like! I KNOW I'm not going faster than 11.59's cuz I ain't puttin a cage in it, my kids would kill me if they couldn't ride in it!

Anyway, love the site, there's tons of good info. I would have already posted 10+ 'newb' questions but luckily I know how to use the search button!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.What year and model is your car?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

It's a 98 Trans Am with WS-6 package.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

welcome,

u know what they say about texas....lol
Old 09-20-2008, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

That could be a loaded question, people say LOTS of stuff about Texas, some good some bad. I'm sure it's funny either way!