Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just Moved To SW Chicago Anyone Around?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just Moved To SW Chicago Anyone Around?

Just moved to the Aurora/Batavia/Geneva/St. Charles area from Southeast Iowa and am just wondering who all is near the area....I miss the car scene from back home and I am sure its much better up around here but just need to know who all is around....I had to leave my SS at home stored in my grandfather's shop until next spring when I can get a garage :-(, so I am just rocking out the grand prix right now but would still like to get to know some people....

Jeff
Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a place that you can probablly store it. im about 20 minutes east of st charles and about 40 minutes from downtown aurora.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
i have a place that you can probablly store it. im about 20 minutes east of st charles and about 40 minutes from downtown aurora.
Thanks for the offer man I appreciate it, I will probably leave it back at home until next spring, I usually put my two cars in storage mode Oct 1-April 1 anyway. I am actually right off of interstate 88 I don't think Carol Stream is too far from my actual place.....just want to get to know some people around the area! Where does everyone get together around here? I used to hang around Cedar Rapids, Iowa where the scene was pretty good we'd usually just get together in a parking lot or whatever...what are the "serious" street cars in the area do you know? What do they run?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Launching!

I know a fair share of the members in the northwest go to the streets of Woodfield, as for the Southwest others can chime in. I'm currently in GA doing the military thing, and haven't been home in sometime, so I could be a bit out dated... Plus the Fall has come and Winter is shortly around the corner, so IDK about to many car gatherings right now...

I'd also check in with the Midwest section... https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members-55/

Have fun man, Chi-town is def. going to be A LOT more exciting and , so enjoy!

Welcome by the way!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ABadMother1999
I know a fair share of the members in the northwest go to the streets of Woodfield, as for the Southwest others can chime in. I'm currently in GA doing the military thing, and haven't been home in sometime, so I could be a bit out dated... Plus the Fall has come and Winter is shortly around the corner, so IDK about to many car gatherings right now...

I'd also check in with the Midwest section... https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Have fun man, Chi-town is def. going to be A LOT more exciting and , so enjoy!

Welcome by the way!

Haha thanks man, I have heard the Streets of Woodfield thing too, I have been there once but it was a rainy night, but its only about a 25 min drive from my place so I could def do that, thanks for your service to our country bro and be safe
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Just did quick search on "Chicago Meets" and came up with a couple more places you could cruise around and possibly see... Pro Stock John is in the NW, and A LOT of the mods and whatnot are located in the Chicago area, so don't be surprised to see a few threads pop up when the Winter is about to die off and the Spring/Summer are coming around... So keep your eyes peeled!

Not sure of the times or days...
Superdawg drive-in (6363 N. Milwaukee Ave., Gladstone Park; 773/763-0660)
McD's at Golf & 83

Other Possibilities?
Woodfire on Saturday's. It's in the western burbs somewhere off RT-53?
A hot dog place in Hanover park/Schaumburg area?

Supposedly Friday Nights?
Meijer off Golf Rd
Gurnee Mills McD's on rt132/Grand Ave (Get here earlier and see a good amount of older cars that are well built and look great, and in the later hours it seems to get some what ricey - or thats how I remember it from a couple yrs ago.) - This is gonna be a longer drive for u to!

Who knows whats going on though... I'm wide awake and bored, The wife is hard at work with homework and the pup is already sleeping... I am on leave so... I am BORED!

Good luck finding some shows, meets, races, etc etc...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Woodfire is on Irving Park Rd, just west of Rt 53. I'm not sure if they are still open or not. They had a pretty good show. Downtown Roselle has a weeky Fri. nite gathering. Not too spectacular, maybe 30 - 40 cars on average. Nice people there. With Fall in the air, it's getting close to putting the machines away 'til Spring. When does Street of Woodield fire up?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

im around there
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

BTW 2002CamaroSS1982, welcome! Nothing wrong w/having another LS1 roaming the streets of northern IL!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

strats on north ave is a big meeting place saturday nights.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:11 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Welcome! I am from the northwest suburbs, hope to see you at some cruise night.