Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noobie from Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noobie from Nebraska

All my experience has been on the old school. lookin to learn about the new school all the computer stuff and what not.

My Ride: 1998 Trans Am, auto, 65000miles, stock

Looking to produce 400-450hp reliably on pump gas. It'll be my summer daily driver and is going to be garaged for the next few winter months so ill have time to mod it up. Looking at turbos but not sure yet. Kinda on a budget.

Any suggestions would be awesome!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

welcome lot of info on here
Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome. I have an lt1 so the information I offer may be a little different for you. If you want that kind of horsepower (flywheel or rear wheel???)I would go with full boltons, and a good sized cam with some head work and a tune...I think that would put you there. If you want that to the rear wheels you could get an STS rear mount turbo. They sound wicked and are decent bueget turbos. I don't think you would be able to run very high #s of boost, but you dont want to until you build or forge your block. Do some reading on here. This kinda question gets asked all the time and I have no doubt you will find the path you want to follow to get that kinda hp.