Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Island dragway review

Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Island dragway review

Not only did the track prep suck on saturday but the people who work there are ********. Its like they're doing me a favor to let me race my car. Im in a staging lane and the security guy is signaling me as if it wanted me to slow down. So im putting down the lane and all of the sudden i hear BAM. The ******* ******* whales my car because he wanted me to stop. Never will I go back there again. I will NEVER go back again. Talk about having a bad attitude these guys were pathetic. E-Town all the way. ISLAND DRAG WAY 2 BIG THUMBS DOWN. What a dissapointment.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is unusual. I always have a good time at Island. The people have always been nice and they usually keep the program moving right along.

They do need some new pavement. They had it diamond ground last year and it helped a bit, but I think the asphalt is just too beat.

-Tim
Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting, we never have a problem with the track problem there, and the track actually has a real tech inspection, which i personally like
Old 10-12-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01blackz28
Not only did the track prep suck on saturday but the people who work there are ********. Its like they're doing me a favor to let me race my car. Im in a staging lane and the security guy is signaling me as if it wanted me to slow down. So im putting down the lane and all of the sudden i hear BAM. The ******* ******* whales my car because he wanted me to stop. Never will I go back there again. I will NEVER go back again. Talk about having a bad attitude these guys were pathetic. E-Town all the way. ISLAND DRAG WAY 2 BIG THUMBS DOWN. What a dissapointment.
island has its good days and bad day's. i got threw out on a friday nite for coming down the wrong staging lane. Then on top of that the old longer hair ******* guy who works there, said to me i shouldn't even by behind of the wheel or my car or something like that . so i got out of my car and got in his face and told him i was gonna smash his face and it was over after that. Then the next friday the two guys i went down there with went to race each other and both broke right on the line and the same ******* started get them to **** WTf. they need to build another drag strip closer or something ?
Old 10-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thechef
interesting, we never have a problem with the track problem there, and the track actually has a real tech inspection, which i personally like
i'll give them that the tech is very thorough. but i didnt even get thrown out for running a 11.3 with no cage lol that was the only good thing about the track and i mean the ONLY good thing.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
island has its good days and bad day's. i got threw out on a friday nite for coming down the wrong staging lane. Then on top of that the old longer hair ******* guy who works there, said to me i shouldn't even by behind of the wheel or my car or something like that . so i got out of my car and got in his face and told him i was gonna smash his face and it was over after that. Then the next friday the two guys i went down there with went to race each other and both broke right on the line and the same ******* started get them to **** WTf. they need to build another drag strip closer or something ?
well the guy was in the middle of my staging lane talkin to a guy in a golfcart i was just went around him and he ******* whaled my car. it was after 4 passes and not once did i have to stop halfway down the lane. For that ***** i had to which made absolutely no sense because some other guy made me start up and move the car all of the way to the front
Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude i would have jumped out of my car and ******* let loose on him then when they through me out I would have called the cops for him vandalizing my car. made him have one ******* hell of a bad night.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

lol i just wanted to race my car. i might call them up tuesday
Old 10-12-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01blackz28
lol i just wanted to race my car. i might call them up tuesday
how bout instead of giving us **** bout dumbass stuff. paving that god dam road to get into the place. u think w all the money they make of ppl like us they would at least make it a lil easyer to get in to the gate
Old 10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

how bout instead of giving us **** bout dumbass stuff. paving that god dam road to get into the place. u think w all the money they make of ppl like us they would at least make it a lil easyer to get in to the gate
I posted something totally relevent. The people who work there simply have horrible business ethics. I will going to etown instead. As for the road, quit being a *****.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
8 Second Club

I have been there 2 times this seasons and both time they have had very bad attitudes. If the fat dick in the staging lanes hits my car i will get out and hit him. I'm not a big fan of the place... I don't mind the entrance road they really need to put some money back into the place. There is no questions they are making money so put some in back to the place.....and get rid of some of the hick the have working there and it has alot of potential....
Old 10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
j0n
11 Second Club

I must say that I have NEVER had a bad experience at Island. Every employee that I have come across was friendly and respectful. Of course people will typically treat you the same way you treat them so I have to assume those of you posting negative experiences were dishing out the negativity tenfold...

BTW good luck getting more than 2 passes and a friendly employee at Englishtown... THAT is a track that needs it's employees to learn business ethics.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

Let me guess you work for island LOL You know what they say about assuming right ? Dont assume what my attitude was in these situations period. I was nothing but friendly until my car got hit by some ******* employee. On the otherhand e-town is a beautiful facility with friendly employees. To tell u truth its a world of a difference between the two. I just went to island because its closer, but that wont happen again. Hell island cost more to race go figure. Like i said 2 thumbs down
Old 10-13-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

eh, **** em. anyone touches my car in that way they get laid out. that my friend is vandalism.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

maybe he was havin a bad day
Old 10-13-2008, 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

All the money they make? I know the family that runs the place, trust me when I say they are not becoming millionaires from the track. Insurance is a fortune for a racing facility, income only lasts a short portion of the year, the surrounding farms drainage systems flood the facility when it rains hard costing them racing days, and they are staring down some very very expensive upgrades to the facility when the NHRA track standards go up again in the next few years.

The family that owns Island Dragway are great people. Unlike Englishtown, it is a facility that is run by actual racing enthusiasts. If you caught some of the staff on a bad day, you can call the facility, and if you can discuss the issue in a reasonable tone, they will be happy to talk to you and work things out.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28
and get rid of some of the hick the have working there
LOL. What are they gonna do? Bus them in from the city. Hicks are pretty much all we have in that corner of the state. lol
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every track has it's good days and bad days. If I get a chance to get down there, I will give a personal review.

Like in other post E-town and Atco generally have their **** together, run cars quickly and cleans up brake downs quickly. LVD has gotten their **** more together but still has a ways to go, not even talking about DA
Old 10-13-2008, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks to hear you had a bad experience and I prob. wouldn't have handled it differently if my car was smacked like that.

Based on my personal experience, I've always had a good time at Island. There are a lot less "shenanigans" going on that at Etown in particular that make it much more relaxing. The track or the people ever did me wrong so I will continue to go.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Launching!

I have no real problems there either, but the guy there at the end of the staging line is an ***, always has been every time im there. I dont like his attitude, but I just ignore the guy, I figured he must hate life and is just miserable. But if the guy ever hit my car I would of knocked his *** down, no and ifs or buts about it and Im not being a tough guy. I would rather a guy hit me in the face then hit my car..

Search this Thread