LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil Leak Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak Help!!

Well yesterday i noticed i had a good oil leak.... (steady drops).
there is a drip coming from the back of the engine and dripping onto the trany bell housing. i grabed a mirror and stuck it by the firewall near the EGR and find that there is new oil either dripping from the oil pressure sensor which has been broken for 1 month.... or its the infamouse LT1 intake leak.
question is.... can the broken sensor be the cause ( the black part wiggles.. so i know its broken..hehe) ? or should i just take the manifold off and seal it?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:26 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 10-12-2008, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

well now its more like a steady stream of oil. i put my fingers under the sending unit and they came out covered in oil.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

if its broken i assume the oil pressure gauge isn't working and since its leaking its a no brainer replace it ! Your intake usually won't leak unless it was recently taken off and not install with enough rtv silicone. If its leaking get some rtv silicone, new gaskets then you should be okay.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by riceburnerZ28
if its broken i assume the oil pressure gauge isn't working and since its leaking its a no brainer replace it ! Your intake usually won't leak unless it was recently taken off and not install with enough rtv silicone. If its leaking get some rtv silicone, new gaskets then you should be okay.
thanks man. yeah im replacing the oil sensor. just didnt know if they actually leaked or not. good thing its not my intake cus its my DD.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey juanito, I've been working o Lt's for a while and I have had these leaks come to me before. Yes, the sensors can leak. They will still operate fine but that leak will get bigger. It's not to hard to replace or it might just be that I've done to many of them. Good luck bro. Remember teflon or pipe dope it!
Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
Hey juanito, I've been working o Lt's for a while and I have had these leaks come to me before. Yes, the sensors can leak. They will still operate fine but that leak will get bigger. It's not to hard to replace or it might just be that I've done to many of them. Good luck bro. Remember teflon or pipe dope it!
thanks! got it fixed an hour ago. not hard at all with the right tools. thanks for the replies guys.... appreciate it!
oh yeah......GO DODGERS!!! LOL

Quick Reply: Oil Leak Help!!