LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Went to do the test start and the Oil PSI spiked before starting o.O

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to do the test start and the Oil PSI spiked before starting o.O

So this has to be a sensor issue. For those who do not know;
I took my LT4 out of the 96 Z28 and put it in a 94 Formula I have been modding to be my version of the Formula WS6 strangeness.

Being an OBDII to OBDI I was told the Knock Sensor would need to be changed out (I have yet to do it... I know I know I will today). I also had to swap the ABS Connectors.

However do I need to change something for the Oil Pressure Sensor? And where is it on the block, do I have the right location for the Knock Sensor, Passenger side 1 wire?

Any info would be great because I am already worried about those race LT Intake Gaskets I got from GM as the seemed to want to push down which would put them in the way... I did my best to keep them aligned and I think they are fine but it bothers me none the less.
But I def do not want to start without knowing the Oil Pressure so if anyone would shed some light on this for me.

I am out to look behind the intake and check a few other things.

Thanks!

NM Found out it is a brittle harness issue... wire shielding is coming off it would seem. Now I have a few things to fix up and it should be solved.

Last edited by Cross; 10-12-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you found some problems... but shouldn't it spike?
It's cold oil, it's going to have more pressure.

Quick Reply: Went to do the test start and the Oil PSI spiked before starting o.O