Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

sprayed ls1 vs h/c ls1 *video*

Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sprayed ls1 vs h/c ls1 *video*

Ran a h/c ls1 tonight. I think he made 420 (I know not a very agressive setup), he gears as well. Enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...red_191144.htm
Old 10-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Teching In

I am an awsome camera man!!!!!!!!!! Yeah he makes something like that but I know he traps 117-118.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Teching In

All that talk about how a cam only car would beat me....and beat my brother....and no responses? I'm not saying it cant be done just looking for some responses???
Old 10-13-2008, 01:46 PM

^Why would a cam only LS1 beat a nitrous LS1 that made 450 rwhp? And didn't your car beat your brother's?

Great vid btw!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
^Why would a cam only LS1 beat a nitrous LS1 that made 450 rwhp? And didn't your car beat your brother's?

Great vid btw!
he is referring to this thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dyno-guesses-bench-racing-forum/998163-99-ws6-v-s-buddys-03-cobra.html
Old 10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corysmach1
All that talk about how a cam only car would beat me....and beat my brother....and no responses? I'm not saying it cant be done just looking for some responses???
You want to quote a post from the other thread that says "A cam only LS1 WILL beat your pullied cobra" ? Because I don't see where anyone posted that. I see where some people informed you that one cammed LS1 can be very different from the next cammed LS1.

And why would you bring a conversation from another thread into a totally different thread?

Nice Kill OP. Nitrous dumdumdum.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Great vid btw!
Yeah it did....and from the way I read everything people were talking like there is a "CAM ONLY" cars out there that would beat me or my brother? Sorry if I read it wrong.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Banned

Yeah it did....and from the way I read everything people were talking like there is a "CAM ONLY" cars out there that would beat me or my brother? Sorry if I read it wrong.
obviously you dont understand the implications of that other thread, some cam-only ls1s could destroy either one of you but most wont. There are cam-only car doing 10s and neither one of yall are even close to that, how is this hard to understand?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by capn smokey
obviously you dont understand the implications of that other thread, some cam-only ls1s could destroy either one of you but most wont. There are cam-only car doing 10s and neither one of yall are even close to that, how is this hard to understand?
I do understand but those cam only cars are "race cars" completely gutted with 4:56 gears, built rears and slicks and skinnies not usually what you see driving down the highway lol. And with slicks in cold air I might pull off low 11's...not 10's tho. Most full weight bolt on cammed cars around here run mid to high 11's. Which I think is normal.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Actually there are some cam only cars that runs 10's and are driven on the street. They are still gutted, etc, but they are something that you could run into on the street. Like he said, the majority of cam only cars won't beat you, but there it always the chance of running into one of the hardcore ones.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Actually there are some cam only cars that runs 10's and are driven on the street. They are still gutted, etc, but they are something that you could run into on the street. Like he said, the majority of cam only cars won't beat you, but there it always the chance of running into one of the hardcore ones.
I agree some are driven on the street but usually not daily......I am just saying I dont see the average Cammed LS-1 beating me....but anything can happen.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by capn smokey
+1 Bingo
Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am just saying I dont see the average Cammed LS-1 beating me
Where did anyone say an average cam only LS1 would beat you?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I dont ******* know....lol...maybe I misunderstood everybody????
Old 12-22-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do understand but those cam only cars are "race cars" completely gutted with 4:56 gears, built rears and slicks and skinnies not usually what you see driving down the highway lol. And with slicks in cold air I might pull off low 11's...not 10's tho. Most full weight bolt on cammed cars around here run mid to high 11's. Which I think is normal.
not all of them are 4.56s with built rears and gutted.... i was very very close to 10s cam only.. no it doesnt count cause i wasnt there.. but with just a TAD bit more stall (4400).. and about 200 less lbs.. and some cool weather im sure i could have pulled some 10.90s-11.0s.. but who knows.. just saying it doesnt take as much as a lot of people think to get to 10s N/A..

i think you do know for the most part though!

I agree some are driven on the street but usually not daily......I am just saying I dont see the average Cammed LS-1 beating me....but anything can happen.
i drive mine 50-70 miles a day still!

and no you are right.. the average cammed ls1 will not beat you, period.. nor your bro.. but like you know and like everybody (i dont know why) keeps telling you 100 times that you may run into one that could..

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
i just read this and started busting out laughing.. i dont know why but i found it funny as ****..
Old 12-22-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Nice vid its hard to beat a nitrous car unless he made alittle more HP than u to make up for the sick nitrous torque.... BTW instead of ET you guys should be talking MPH thats what counts from a roll....
Old 12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ballerchris510
Nice vid its hard to beat a nitrous car unless he made alittle more HP than u to make up for the sick nitrous torque.... BTW instead of ET you guys should be talking MPH thats what counts from a roll....
The black z-28 is a kid I know and the TA is my brothers....thats the difference in spray. The Z-28 did trap 117.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Quote:

i just read this and started busting out laughing.. i dont know why but i found it funny as ****..

lol....
Old 12-23-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

or maybe you and your brother are both tards and suck puff on each others exhaust a little to much? honestly the more you post the most you sound like a damn ricer. you brag to much honestly. congrats an NA car for the most part cant pull a modded pullied cobra..... your about 5 years behind on this.

you know a GTP with 400whp will make you look silly in the 1/4? and there is quite a few of them and they actually still pass emissions tests see how easy it is to not be top dog? stop tooting your horn.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
or maybe you and your brother are both tards and suck puff on each others exhaust a little to much? honestly the more you post the most you sound like a damn ricer. you brag to much honestly. congrats an NA car for the most part cant pull a modded pullied cobra..... your about 5 years behind on this.

you know a GTP with 400whp will make you look silly in the 1/4? and there is quite a few of them and they actually still pass emissions tests see how easy it is to not be top dog? stop tooting your horn.
Wow...I am far from a ricer? And WTF are you talking about you ******* douchebag? I'm so lost.

Search this Thread