Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Firebird Double DIN bezels

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Firebird Double DIN bezels

After much consideration and making a couple of these I decided to make a limited run of these. I currently do not have the time to do the Camaro bezels as they are a bit harder to come by and a bit harder to customize the bezel. I do have 1 Camaro bezel I'm messing with now but it isn't even close yet. I may consider doing a few Camaro bezels in the near future but not at this time.
I have 7 Firebird bezels in my possesion and 2 are done. It takes me about 4-5 days to make one from start to finish. I just got the other 5 bezels in today and will begin on them tomorrow. These are fabricated from the stock GM bezels.
C5 Kidd offered similar bezels at $125.00 on a group purchase awhile back here's what I can do on them:
The bezel by itself will be $125.00 shipped without needing to have your original bezel, you keep yours or $99.00 shipped if you mail me your stock bezel. I will ship your your new bezel as soon as your stock one hits my doorstep...I will already have the one you are purchasing made as opposed to using yours to make the bezel.
With the purchase of a double DIN unit you get the bezel for $75.00 along with antenna adapter, harness adapter and GM double DIN mounting kit that can be used to mount your new unit.
I will make these as long as I have a bezel around or can find one at a decent price so as stated quantities will be limited to availabilty and pricing of stock bezels. For now I will be limiting this run to the 7 I have so first come first served!!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if these are still availible i would love to get one. if it helps, i have the ebony(?) interior, 2000 trans am.
pm me if their availible.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Can you post a pic of what they look like please.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Ah I would jump on this cause Id like to add a doubledin HU but they are kina expensive so :<
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
Ah I would jump on this cause Id like to add a doubledin HU but they are kina expensive so :<
In that case, make your own. I and others have done just that.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Personally i think its a fair price for those of us who want to get one, but are a little gunshy about chopping up our interior..
i would like to see a pic of this though.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like to see a pic
Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

Sorry guys I posted it on the other thread that got locked........so I forgot to post the pics. As far as cost, I agree it is a little expensive but it is a custom fabricated piece, made from the stock bezel which I have to purchase and it is a labor intensive process that requires some skill. C5 Kidd was charging alot more then this and was doing these for $125.00 on GP pricing and he required your bezel to do it with. I believe his regular price was around $179.00 or there about. I am not trying to do many of these as it is time consuming so there will be limited quantities of them and then I'm done with them for the most part. I originally made one for personal use but with the demand for these being what it is and all the messages I've gotten about them, I decided to make a few.
Dimensions of the opening are:
6 7/8"W x 3 7/8"H x 3/8"D (at it's deepest point since it does taper slightly toward the top)
An example of the face plate dimensions on a Pioneer F900BT and other Pioneer units is: 6 3/4"W x 3 3/4"H x 3/8"D
This measurement is for the AVIC F900BT, F90BT, and the F701BT taken from the owners manual.

Here's the pictures of what they look like:

Old 10-14-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Me not being knowledgeable at all on anything regarding stereo equipment. I've been wanting to do an in-dash type NAV but haven't due to this. Would some of the aftermarket NAV/head units work with this to give a factory like appearance? The reason I never looked into this was due to the problem with a stock like appearance due to the odd shape of the radio. Are there any pics you could post of this installed in the car? Thanks
Old 10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

I don't have any pics installed currently but I did go to one of my distributors today and test fit it on a couple of units. The Pioneer AVIC, JVC 710, and Kenwoods all fit perfectly inside the bezel. The ones that didn't fit had an oversized face plate that is designed to hang outside of the dash plate and were mostly cheapy brands like Nitro, Pyramid, and a few others. I wish I would've taken some pics of this. I may get back over there tomorrow and do just that so you can get a better idea. The regular double DIN units I test fitted it on looked really good. The mount was dead on around the face of those units I tested.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I don't have any pics installed currently but I did go to one of my distributors today and test fit it on a couple of units. The Pioneer AVIC, JVC 710, and Kenwoods all fit perfectly inside the bezel. The ones that didn't fit had an oversized face plate that is designed to hang outside of the dash plate and were mostly cheapy brands like Nitro, Pyramid, and a few others. I wish I would've taken some pics of this. I may get back over there tomorrow and do just that so you can get a better idea. The regular double DIN units I test fitted it on looked really good. The mount was dead on around the face of those units I tested.
I would be very interested if you could get pics of that.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VIP1
In that case, make your own. I and others have done just that.
Oh I meant the HU's themselves are pricey, the bezel Kee has is a great price
Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
Oh I meant the HU's themselves are pricey, the bezel Kee has is a great price
Depends on which one you get and where you look..... hint.... avoid Best Buy and Circuit City...
Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by JamRWS6
Me not being knowledgeable at all on anything regarding stereo equipment. I've been wanting to do an in-dash type NAV but haven't due to this. Would some of the aftermarket NAV/head units work with this to give a factory like appearance? The reason I never looked into this was due to the problem with a stock like appearance due to the odd shape of the radio. Are there any pics you could post of this installed in the car? Thanks
This is what a Pioneer AVIC-D3 looks like with C5 Kidd's prototype bezel - very similar to the one's Kee Audio is doing:

Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
This is what a Pioneer AVIC-D3 looks like with C5 Kidd's prototype bezel - very similar to the one's Kee Audio is doing:
That looks great! Thanks for posting.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I need to go to my car (its at the machanics shop) and pull mine out.. I'm very interested!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
12 Second Club

I am interested
Old 10-15-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

WILL THE ALPINE I PMed you about fit?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Awesome Kee! Wanna send me one for testing purposes? If I had a job I'd buy one in a split second
Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Banned

Let me get one more bezel for that purpose Phantom and I'd be happy to do that!!

Quick Reply: Firebird Double DIN bezels