Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2-2 formula vs. skit tle

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-2 formula vs. skit tle

So I was headed back to school yesterday in mild traffic and out of nowhere this red dodge dum dum comes flying up on my tail. He clearly wanted to go and I never turn down a run, even though this particular patch of pavement has a reputation for heavy policing. His car sounded pretty nasty, i rolled down my window the first time we lined up as he came up from behind me and i could clearly hear his turbo(s). We ran four times total rolling from 50-70mph, the first three runs where very short (didnt even have time to shift) and the third and fourth only covered a little bit of the second shift due to space constraints. The first two runs i got him, suprisingly he had better top end than me, while i pulled on him earlier on. The second two races his car ran a lot harder. I thought he was running a 150 shot or something, he pulled on me pretty good, but it would have been interesting to go to 150 or so. It seemed like i got the hit on the first two runs on him..

after we were done we pulled off on an exit and briefly talked at a set of lights. He said his car was twin turboed and had 450hp at the wheels. I believe him to, that thing was a beast.

Im a built LS6 with 430rwhp/395ftlbs and about 200lbs weight reduction.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twin turbos on his 4 cylinder neon huh...alright
Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

less turbo lag duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 10-14-2008, 02:48 AM
Staging Lane

well, that is what he said to me... again, at first i thought he was running a 150 shot or something.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 AM
TECH Addict

haha. he was pulling your leg. skittles are single turbo..
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 AM
10 Second Club

Errr....they do make twin turbo kits for EESSSRRRTTTSSS....but I do agree with you guys, its pointless. Twin's on a 146ci motor?

http://www.dcrsrt.com/index.php?act=...d&productId=50

And to keep up with a beast of a car as the OP's.....a big turbo,SST, E1/E2, Twins, or some dope would have to be used.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

well he was clearly not running a stock turbo, just running down the highway at low rpm it was very easy to hear that thing screaming away. I believe the guy because he was older, he looked to be about 30, and he was REALLY suprised that i had been able to run with him, he wasnt some dumb ricer. He even complemented my car.

and as redsrtak pointed out, its not impossible he has twins... Skittles might be single turbo from the factory, but they also arent 450hp LS6 beaters, so who knows what the guy had done, im just telling everyone what he told me.