Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob ??'s 4L60E and O2's

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob ??'s 4L60E and O2's

I am in the process of collecting parts for my LQ4 swap into a 64 Malibu, I'm going the EFi route as well which leads me to my first question.

Do I need to run O2 sensors? I forget to get these when I picked up my engine, I think I remembered everything else though... MAF, ECM, fuse block and complete harness. Did I miss anything else?

Secondly, I went to the pick and pull last week looking for a transmission since I have been considering going the electric overdrive route since the setup will support it. Anyways I found and 4L60E in a 2001 Blazer with a one piece bell housing and in my hast and lack of knowledge I picked it up. Then after a search here it looks like it's weaker then the ones found in the 1500 series trucks. Would this tranny holdup behind the LQ4(stock) without problems? I don't plan to do any mods right away, just drop it in and run it.

Does anyone have a part number for the two piece bell housing? Later down the road I was thinking of rebuilding/replacing the weak internals (is that possible) and swapping bell housings.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

You need o2 sensors if you're keeping EFI, along with a coolant temp sensor, MAF, MAP sensor, etc. I'm not sure about the trans someone will chime in
Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the fast reply, looks like I will be buying some O2's (one or two?). Where is the coolant sensor located? I got the MAF, the MAP is located on the engine correct?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by first64
Thanks for the fast reply, looks like I will be buying some O2's (one or two?). Where is the coolant sensor located? I got the MAF, the MAP is located on the engine correct?
Coolant sensor is on the block, its usually included with most motors. They're cheap though so its no biggie.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would rather use a trans that was built for a v8....... Just my opinion...

Quick Reply: Noob ??'s 4L60E and O2's