Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Random battery dying

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random battery dying

Hey guys, I have a 2002 camaro v6 with a 1500w sound system. I JUST replaced the battery not even three months ago, and for some reason randomly it seems to fade in and out once every couple of weeks. I will go to start it and nothing but clicks and low voltage on the battery meter. The past few times I would get out, open the hood and there would be corrosion around the positive terminal where my sound system is hooked up to. I would clean it off, and it would start up fine. Eventually I cleaned it off really good and put vaseline on it, and it hasnt given me a problem for like 3 weeks, I drive it to work, park it, then at the end of my shift go to start it i get the infamous clicking and dead battery signs. Pissed off I open the hood, prod around and nothing seems wrong, then go to start it and with some more clicking it finally roars to life. Upon driving it back from work and shutting it off, it gave a hard clicking battery time starting again two or three times, then on the fourth time it started fine with no hesitation. Every consecutive time after that it starts up just fine. I dont get it, what is randomly causing my battery to suck? The battery level is fine when I am driving.