Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock springs, which shocks

Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock springs, which shocks

This is a toss up for me. I don't have the money for Koni's. KYB agx, bilstein HD or tokico?

Going back to stock height, sick of the quality of the ride.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Of those 3, Bilstein. But all Bilstein sets are not the same. I sell a set for $369.50 that uses a different rear valving (older, before the "new" valving) in the rears which I feel it better than the standard HD's as listed by Bilstein.

Still HD's, still full warranty. They are the only way I sell them because the "new" valving was a mess and I had a number of complaints including a number that claimed little to no difference from the DeCarbon's (that was a BIG red flag to me at the time).

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

I read numerous times of you posting that they messed up the valving, however i did not know you sold the old ones still. That's awesome, and i will be picking them up as soon as i get money from my wheels on friday.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

For the record and in the interest of disclosure:

The fronts are the new valving, they were changed, but not really screwed up. The rears were the mess, and I won't use that valving. In fact if I had to, I'd use Tokico's first (and they aren't built as well). That's why I don't sell the BE5-2407 shock for the back. I don't believe in it, I don't like it.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

I'm kind of confused, you would still sell your set of bilsteins over the kybs and tokico's right?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sorry... my bad for confusing you, and I see how I did that. Oops.

Yes, I'm recommending the Bilstein's here for stock springs. I sell a *different* rear shock than the others do (which I didn't mention in that last post, hence the confusion).

I do not believe in selling, let alone recommending parts I don't think will work well for the customer. If I led you to believe I thought the Bilstein's the way I sell them are junk, I apologize and feel them to be better quality than the others and are intended for and work very well as high-quality replacements, if not super duper cornering shocks, for stock springs. Super Duper would be a Koni.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Cool. Thanks for the response.

Search this Thread