Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the nitrious game Help with picking my system out

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the nitrious game Help with picking my system out

Thanksgiving is my time back from college and Mod week for my car, I want to see my car in the mid 12's, It is going to get longtubes/catted y,dual cutouts. I also am trying to purchase a nitrious set up. I have nothing crazy just a 00 WS6 M6 30k miles Catback, tune, slp lid. Now i have been reading up on nitrous for a while but it still confuses me.

I was looking at the system from harris speed works http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=364&page=1 I am thinking about this and if i do get it i will take it to them to install because i read some post saying it is better to let a pro. install a nitrous kit if you do not have experience with it. I do all my own work to my car but i care about it to much because it is my baby i do not want to risk doing something wrong with nitrous since it is not a joke to mess with.

I want to keep it with a mild shot around 75-125 i just want to gain a couple tenths off of my qrt mile time. I also do not want my motor to blow really early. I have done searches but i thought the best way would be asking on here because you all are better informed on this than anything i could read up on. I was going to call harris but they are closed and i have classes all tomorrow and a big exam i have to study for so i probably will not get the time to call, and if it is on here i can refer to it later if i need.
Well any help is appriciated I also had one more question i thought it would be nice to have a purge setup coming out of my ram air hood scoops, almost like the car is breathing fire is this possible or has anyone done it before??
Old 10-15-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I recommend harris speed works wet plate kit. I have it on my car and love it. And Harris has great customer service.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Kutztown is pretty close to us. What about nitrous still confuses you? Maybe if you took a look at the install instructions you might not be as hesitant to install it yourself, if that's what you're looking to do? If you still aren't comfortable with installing it, by all means feel free to contact us to do it for you.

With your goals in mind, that kit you listed will definately do the trick. You'll also have some room to grow as well since all of the nitrous kits now come with the large 3 port solenoids as well as the large fuel. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Nick
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

i am confused about a couple things
Wet/Dry
Plate/Nozzle
Jet size
Everything i will need
I have a all stock motor just a slp lid, tune, magnaflow catback, and a short throw, and only 30k orig miles. I want to make sure i do not hurt my motor, on the tune i had my rev limiter set at 6200, fans also turn on sooner, and i change my oil every 2000 miles. I want to keep my ws6 alive and running well, So i want a kit that will not be a time bomb for my car. I was reading and the wet or dry plate or nozzle i still dont understand i guess is it just prefrence? Also Some people said to be safe do not run anything over 75 shot, some said 150 shot i want something that will help me on my Quarter mile a good amount and i was thinking about anything from 75 to 125 but i am not sure.

Also how much will a 75 help in the quarter mile vs a 100 or 125 shot, i belive i do not want to go anything more than 125 i wanted to keep it around 100 just to be safe is that decent?

I also live west of philly around 50 mins and east of lancaster about 20 mins, i am not that far from you guys from my school or home, but my car stays cuddled with my car cover in my garage while i am away.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MYSTIC-1SC
I recommend harris speed works wet plate kit. I have it on my car and love it. And Harris has great customer service.
+1 hsw makes an awesome kit
Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
Wet/Dry
Plate/Nozzle
Jet size
Everything i will need
I have a all stock motor just a slp lid, tune, magnaflow catback, and a short throw, and only 30k orig miles. I want to make sure i do not hurt my motor, on the tune i had my rev limiter set at 6200, fans also turn on sooner, and i change my oil every 2000 miles. I want to keep my ws6 alive and running well, So i want a kit that will not be a time bomb for my car. I was reading and the wet or dry plate or nozzle i still dont understand i guess is it just prefrence? Also Some people said to be safe do not run anything over 75 shot, some said 150 shot i want something that will help me on my Quarter mile a good amount and i was thinking about anything from 75 to 125 but i am not sure.

Also how much will a 75 help in the quarter mile vs a 100 or 125 shot, i belive i do not want to go anything more than 125 i wanted to keep it around 100 just to be safe is that decent?

I also live west of philly around 50 mins and east of lancaster about 20 mins, i am not that far from you guys from my school or home, but my car stays cuddled with my car cover in my garage while i am away.
read the stickes at the top of the section...you will find all the answers to your question's
Old 10-16-2008, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
Wet/Dry
Plate/Nozzle
Jet size
Everything i will need

Sure, not a problem at all!

1) wet/dry - are you just confused about the process' involved in each, or is it more of a "which is better" confusion? If its a process question, wet kits add fuel enrichment via the nozzle and have a separate solenoid dedicated to this task. A dry kit adds fuel enrichment via the fuel injectors so there is no fuel solenoid. Which is better, honestly it is really application specific and each has its ups and downs and more likely than not, most decisions come down to personal preference.

2) plate/nozzle - I assume this is a which is better type question. Honestly they will both get the job done...its how they each physically do the job; that is the real question. The plate features a full 360* spray pattern that is aimed at creating an equal distribution within the intake. Around the circumference of the plate there are 10 discharge holes doing the job vs. 1 or 2 on a single or dual nozzle kit. Does that mean the nozzle is the worst thing in the world? Absolutely not. We alter the nozzle tip slightly to help aid in getting a better distribution across the face of the throttle body since there is such a short distance from the maf to throttle body. Honestly, it usually comes down to a few deciding factors for each customer...better atomization and distribution, slightly increased plenum volume, better appearance and cleaner install always comes at a higher premium since the components involved are more costly.

3) Jet size - A jet is a metering device. This is what determines the hp level and n/f ratio on wet kits. They are stamped with a number that correlates with the hp shot you are running. Don't fret though because we include a jet chart with each kit.

My best advise on what shot to run is always start small and work your way up. Implement all of the safety items, like the ones we offer in the all-out kit, and become an informed nitrous user and you'll have years of trouble free spraying. By asking the questions you are, you're already on the road to being a well informed user! Again, if you have any questions on the accessories please let me know and I'll answer them for you. Thanks!

Nick
Old 10-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Teching In

You couldn't have picked @ better company to think about trying for your first kit.

I am in the same exact boat as you, and Nick@HSW has answered all my questions and then some. Excellent service, and I am not even a customer yet. I have read and researched a lot of the N20 companies on this board, and I am choosing to go with HSW because of their attitude on the board, their great reviews and now the excellent dealings I have had with Nick.

Good luck with whatever you choose, after you get a kit, let us know how it goes.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another vote for hsw, Im running their nozzle kit
Old 10-17-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Addict

More fun going to the track and it working the first time out. If you live that close, no brainer, its worth the money to have em install it, removes any doubt, and you will probably get a cleaner install by letting the pros do it.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

I caught the Nitrous bug earlier this year. Did a ton of research on systems. Decided to go with the HSW dry plate kit. Terrific company, excellent customer service, and their pricing is out of this world (when you consider their quality). They also stand behind the products, which I have experienced personally (when I screwed something up). Patient, attentive, informative, and considerate. These guys always do what they say they are going to do. Integrity is also important to me, so HSW was the obvious choice.

Tons of amazingly knowledgeable people on this forum who are more than willing to help out a new nitrous user. Jim Beer (Beer99C5) above was very, very helpful. Robert56 is the dry shot master, but you'll have to find him on another nitrous site since he no longers posts here.