Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with what items to run a 200 shot.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 08:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with what items to run a 200 shot.

Need a little help. Ive currently got a NX single stage wet kit/plate system. I already have the kit installed but not yet sprayed. I will be spraying 150/200 shot switching back and forth frequently. I wont ever spary any higher than the 200. Now Im runing a 408 lQ9 stroker, comp cam custom grind, TFS 235, 11.2:1 CR, fast fuel rails, racetronics fuel pump, and 36lb fast injectors already with my motor setup. I have tr6 plugs but am not sure if I need to go tr7 or not for the spray.

Will my 36lb injectors be enough with my wet shot or will I need to step that up as well to something bigger?

As far the fuel goes I plan on getting one these standalone systems http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...roductid=16732 then having my car retuned. And how much timing would you guys recomend I pull on a 150/200 shot? thanks

When all is said and done what do think I should retune for nitrous, put in a timing twister or use some other device to switch from when I run nitrous to running NA?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think your 36lb injectors will be fine for what your doing (wet vs. dry) but they may already be close to max with out spray. Your fueling pump is going to working really hard is you keep what you currently have but the stand alone is going to be your best bet.

I think that MSD make a timing tuner were you can add timing or retard timing, not sure. But I would tune for the 200 shot and then just leave it. It would be safe for the 150 hit.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM
10 Second Club

I was planing on hitting the track tommorow was wondering if it would hurt anything if I just threw 50 shot on there (just to see what my car would do) using my current plugs, fuel pump, injectors and running same motor tune with no additional timing pulled for spray or this not a good idea?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

For starters, yes you'll have to ditch the TR6's. Heat range and tip design aren't ideal for your setup. Duty of the vehicle, will dictate if you take one or two steps in plug heat range. How does your a/f look now n/a? Any pressure drops or anything like that? If not, you're existing set up will probably be fine. Concerning the external timing devices, this is also going to depend on usage as well as what you have available to you as far as tuning solutions. Shoot me over a PM with your set up and we can discuss which way to go. Thanks!

Nick

Originally Posted by william's SS
Need a little help. Ive currently got a NX single stage wet kit/plate system. I already have the kit installed but not yet sprayed. I will be spraying 150/200 shot switching back and forth frequently. I wont ever spary any higher than the 200. Now Im runing a 408 lQ9 stroker, comp cam custom grind, TFS 235, 11.2:1 CR, fast fuel rails, racetronics fuel pump, and 36lb fast injectors already with my motor setup. I have tr6 plugs but am not sure if I need to go tr7 or not for the spray.

Will my 36lb injectors be enough with my wet shot or will I need to step that up as well to something bigger?

As far the fuel goes I plan on getting one these standalone systems http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...roductid=16732 then having my car retuned. And how much timing would you guys recomend I pull on a 150/200 shot? thanks

When all is said and done what do think I should retune for nitrous, put in a timing twister or use some other device to switch from when I run nitrous to running NA?
Old 10-16-2008, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

so what plugs do you suggest
Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

I would be running a heat range of 6 in there N/A. On the nitrous I would start with a heat range 7 on the 150 shot.

Nick