LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Impala SS basic engine/tranny tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala SS basic engine/tranny tuning

Well I'm diving into tuning. My car basic bolt ons, with spray for the track and a stock Camaro 4l60e. What are some of the basics values and things to change to make the shifts firmer, and quicker and also bring out engine performance. I also want to make a tune for street and for strip. One tune, for aggressive daily driving and one for only going down to the strip with the spray on. I currently tune computer controlled generators so I'm not new to tuning, just need to know where to start. I have already set the shift times to zero, and increased the pressure at WOT and %98 TPS to 100 and bumped everything else up 3 points. Also bumped up rev limiter, and other random little fixes. Anyway whats next? I have C.A.T.S. and Free scan and will not tune on spray till I get a wideband and know how to properly tune N/A. Car is an LT1

Mods list from sig...
AB Headers, 3" Cutouts, True Dual Flowmaster Flow 40's, Split GMPP 1.5/1.6 RR's, MSD Digital 6, MSD Blaster coil, Taylor Over Valve Cover Wires, NGK TR6's, NX 150 Wet Shot w/ Purge, K&N CAI, Hotchkiss Spings, Belstine Shocks, Summit Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors, EBC Redstuff Pads, Wilwood HiTemp Brake Fluid, Bias & Delay valve mods, Nitto NT-450's.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

BUMP. I know theres some tuners on here.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Go download Datamaster. It is free for tyhe first 20 uses and after that you will be hooked. I think AKM cables sells the license for $95, worth every penny.

Freescan is great at the price. The guy did us all a favor in offering it free, it is just a bit unstable and cumbersome. If I only needed to check a CEL occassionally I would use it, but for tuning Datamaster.

Should not need different tunes street and strip, should be using the ignition box to pull timing and the nitrous/fuel jets should be balanced well.
I know lots of guys use seperate tunes, I just think it is a bandaid for not setting something else up right.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Launching!

ok i cant answer that either but i wont do THAT badly lol no offense tho.
you might check in another section on here. even tho this is the lt1 part you might be better off in the tuning section or something...id like to learn to tune. im still too scared tho lol

Quick Reply: Impala SS basic engine/tranny tuning